Senior Software Engineer
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
Recurly, Inc., a SaaS company, provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 55 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover nearly $1 billion in revenue in 2022.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $10 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
You are a passionate engineer who wants to be part of a collaborative team which cares about delivering the right solution to new and interesting problems. You like to push others and be pushed to constantly improve and iterate our product and our process. You care about owning the outcome of your work.
Required Skills and Experience
- Five or more years experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- Deep knowledge of Ruby/RoR platform
- Strong knowledge of SQL and database performance
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability and Desire to mentor less experienced engineers
- Ability to break down and plan the technical work required to complete a software development project proposal
- Capable of leading a development team on a complex project and ensure timely delivery of desired outcome.
- Experience with writing automated testing and TDD
- Experience with Agile or Scrum methodologies
- Self-motivated, with a strong desire to learn and improve
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A mindset focused on measuring impact, security, and stability
- Ability to hold yourself and others accountable to high standards when working with production systems
Desired Skills and Experience
- Fintech experience
- Payment Processing Experience
- Remote work experience
- Ability to debug across the stack
As a full-time employee, we offer competitive benefits programs and perks designed to fit your needs and the needs of your family.
Recurly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law. Recurly is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com