Product and Engineering Manager, Payments
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Product
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2022
Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 55 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover nearly $1 billion in revenue in 2022.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $10 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Recurly is hiring remotely across the US depending on role and experience.
Since 2009, Recurly has provided enterprise-class recurring billing, revenue optimization, and subscription management services for thousands of businesses worldwide, processing more than 5 billion dollars in transaction volume annually. With that in mind, we are looking for an energetic and dynamic candidate to help build our payment solutions and processing infrastructure. You will be a key component to ensuring the continued success during our rapid growth, and your impact and contribution to the bottom line will be significant.
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Product Manager, Payments for the Payment Platform group. This will be an Individual Contributor and the main thought leader for our payment strategy and roadmap, and a key partner to the Payment Architect.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Own, drive and define payments roadmap including integrations, standards and mandates
- Ensure the payment strategy incorporates business financials and impacts
- Understand market trends, build business cases, and identify and prioritize features that meet the market needs
- Balance priorities to address technical and functional health of the platform
- Identify the ideal balance of implementation and go-to-market needs
- Manage and plan for payment mandates to ensure compliance
- Understand and interpret API documentation in the context of why it is important
- Clearly articulate the problem you are solving for and communicate a compelling vision that you are aiming for
- Ensure alignment and clarity around the objective throughout all stages of product delivery
- Identify and gather payment metrics to inform the success of each feature released and iterate using data-informed decisions on future roadmap items
- Use data analytics for monitoring product health and identifying any issues early
Required Skills & Experience
- Expert in the payment business and products and services provided by the payment gateways and processors, including but not limited to regulatory requirements, payment processing, industry norms and emerging trends
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager
- Technical experience in Payments (Visa, Stripe, etc)
- Experience leading a team
- Experience managing and prioritizing a backlog of both product feature requests and technical enhancements
- Ability to see the big picture vision and make a connection to accomplish business objectives
- Experience with 3D Secure, Fraud, Tokenization and Chargebacks
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Strong collaboration with executives and agile delivery teams
- Experience with Agile or Scrum methodologies
- Self-motivated, with a strong desire to learn and improve
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits & Compensation:
As a full-time employee, Recurly offers competitive benefits programs, perks and options designed to fit your needs and the needs of your family. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits and a menu from which to choose options that work best for you and eligible dependents. We also offer life insurance, short and long-term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness coverage, employee accident protection, health savings account (HSA) with company contribution & flexible spending account (FSA) options, employee assistance program, Legal and Pet Insurance.
Other perks may include:
Optional remote or in office work
401(k) Retirement Plan and company match
Flex Time Off
Monthly internet stipend
The anticipated salary range for this position is $180,000 - $220,000. Compensation offered will depend upon job-related factors including relevant experience, skills and geography.
Recurly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law. Recurly is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
See more open positions at Recurly
Something looks off?