Reagent Manufacturing Associate
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
RareCyte is seeking a Reagent Manufacturing Associate to join our growing team. This role includes the manufacture of numerous reagents, quality control testing; both analytical and functional, as well as assisting in any area related to the liquid biopsy products. This individual is responsible for high quality products and is expected to effectively troubleshoot issues that arise with the help of other production team members. The ideal candidate is eager to continuously improve the department and grow within the reagent manufacturing organization. We can train the right candidate coming in with a Biology or Chemistry background/education and a willingness to learn and develop. The team currently works 4 – 10 hour days, Monday through Thursday. The start time is flexible between 6am and 8am.
RareCyte is a life sciences company focused on the research, development, manufacturing, and commercial sales of transformational Precision Biology platforms that include instruments, consumables, and services for multiplex tissue analysis in spatial biology and rare cell detection and characterization for liquid biopsy. Our discovery/translational/diagnostic applications have been adopted by leading research institutions and BioPharma companies world-wide for research and clinical programs in the areas of oncology, immunology, maternal-fetal health, and infectious disease.
- Perform a variety of assignments within a manufacturing environment which include: the manufacture of various buffers and reagents including packaging and labeling of products in a fast-paced environment
- Perform quality control testing of all reagents
- Perform shipping and receiving of outgoing products and incoming raw materials
- Follow company, site and department procedures
- Required to accurately record information within documentation while maintaining strict adherence to FDA, GMP and ISO requirements
- Perform daily calibration of equipment as required
- Maintain up to date training records and comply with all company policies and procedures
- Maintain strict adherence to compliance, safety standards and standard work instructions including wearing personal protective equipment
- Identify and implement process improvement projects using Lean techniques
- Communicate any Safety, Quality or production problem immediately to the appropriate level
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Chemistry, or Biochemistry or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of GMP/GLP/ISO regulated manufacturing standards preferred
- Experience in a GMP/ISO manufacturing environment a plus
- Must be able to follow cGMP and cGLPs standards
- Experience with tools and techniques typically found in a lab environment (pH/Conductivity meter, pipettes, scales, filling devices, etc.)
- Experience with autostainers or flow cytometry is a plus
- Must be able to follow direction, able to understand SOPs and demonstrate understanding through speech and/or written form
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Flexible, motivated, willing to learn new skills and works well in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
Pay Range: $31.25 - $33.65 per hour (annualized full-time pay is $65,000 - $70,000/year)
The base salary range represents an estimated range for this position in the Seattle area. Determining a base wage will be based on several factors which include skill set, level of education, experience and qualifications, as well as the comparison to existing RareCyte employees in the position. Some roles may also qualify for additional compensation such as bonus, commission, stock options and travel allowance.
At RareCyte, we support our employees in and out of the office. Click here to view a list of benefits offered to eligible employees.
We love talking to qualified candidates! Even if you don't fit the description perfectly, please still apply and we'll review your resume.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to RareCyte Human Resources at email@example.com.
RareCyte strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all new RareCyte hires. Applicants unable to comply with this policy due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may be eligible for an accommodation, unless such an accommodation would be unduly burdensome or present a direct threat to RareCyte’s employees or others with whom our employees engage in the course of performing their jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact RareCyte Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.