Senior Research Associate
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
RareCyte is seeking a motivated Senior Research Associate based in our Seattle, WA office. This position will work under the direction of a Senior Scientist in the Precision Biology Services team to execute spatial biology partnership programs and strategic collaborations that uniquely employ RareCyte’s Orion technology. The successful candidate will perform tissue staining and analysis to develop novel tissue-based, multiplex immunofluorescent assays in service of partner clinical trials and research programs. The individual must be motivated and capable of working independently on multiple projects simultaneously and troubleshoot assay development activities. If you enjoy helping bring new technologies to market, embrace challenge, and thrive in a flexible and multidisciplinary environment, then this position may be for you.
RareCyte is a life sciences company focused on the development and commercial sales of transformational platforms that include instruments, consumables, and services for multiplex tissue analysis in spatial biology and rare cell detection and characterization for liquid biopsy. Our platforms have been adopted by leading research institutions and BioPharma companies world-wide for research, translational and clinical programs to drive precision medicine for treatment of cancer.
- Design, perform, analyze, interpret and report experimental work with minimal supervision
- Work under the supervision of a Senior Scientist to ensure timely and high quality experiments
- Work collaboratively on projects with other departments
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) under CLIA regulatory environment
- Generate reports independently and present results both internally and externally
- Write SOPs and document results in a LIMS
- Perform immunofluorescence and immunohistochemistry staining and image analysis of tissue samples
- Perform antibody conjugations to fluorophores
- BS or BA in life sciences required
- 5+ years of relevant industry or academic biology laboratory experience (or 2+ years with a Masters Degree)
- Experience with immunofluorescent (IF) and/or immunohistochemical (IHC) staining and analysis of tissue samples strongly desired
- Experience with common laboratory techniques such as flow cytometry and immunofluorescence microscopy a plus
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Experience supervising and coaching team members desired
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Comfortable learning new technologies and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with image analysis software (Fiji, ImageJ, QuPath) preferred
- Programming (Python, R) experience a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Base Salary Range: $80,000 - $90,000 (annually)
The base salary range represents an estimated range for this position in the Seattle area. Determining a base wage will be based on several factors which include skill set, level of education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the comparison to existing RareCyte employees in the position. Some roles may also qualify for additional compensation such as bonus, commission, stock options and travel allowance.
At RareCyte, we support our employees in and out of the office. Click here to view a list of benefits offered to eligible employees.
We love talking to qualified candidates! Even if you don't fit the description perfectly, please still apply and we'll review your resume.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to RareCyte Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RareCyte strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all new RareCyte hires. Applicants unable to comply with this policy due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may be eligible for an accommodation, unless such an accommodation would be unduly burdensome or present a direct threat to RareCyte’s employees or others with whom our employees engage in the course of performing their jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact RareCyte Human Resources at email@example.com.