Scientist, Cell Biology Assay Development
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
We are seeking a cell biologist to join the project team working to optimize existing methods for identification and isolation of rare CTBs. RareCyte participates in an international program that has set an ambitious goal of reducing the incidence of stillbirth by half. The focus of our project involves novel non-invasive characterization of the placenta via the identification and transcriptional profiling of circulating trophoblasts(CTB) using RareCyte’s established technology for rare blood cell analysis. In addition to the experience and qualifications listed below, this individual thinks creatively, is driven by curiosity and problem solving, and is skilled at methodical assessment of variables for the optimization of complex protocols.
RareCyte is a life sciences company focused on the development and commercial sales of transformational platforms that include instruments, consumables and services for multiplex tissue analysis in spatial biology and rare cell detection and characterization for liquid biopsy. Our platforms have been adopted by leading research institutions and BioPharma companies world-wide for research and clinical programs. The RareCyte platforms have the potential to become the leading discovery/translational/diagnostic platforms for oncology, immunology, maternal-fetal health and infectious disease.
- Develop robust methods for enriching, identifying and isolating rare CTBs in human blood using antibodies and automated staining instrumentation
- Work closely with the molecular biology scientist and the broader clinical research team to optimize methods for sequencing compatibility
- Write methodical workplans for CTB identification and isolation validation studies
- Rigorously plan, execute, analyze and present experimental results; actively look for and incorporate team feedback
- Oversee and guide research associate responsibilities which includes, planning, executing and analyzing experiments for presentation of results
- Apply scientific creativity and embrace rational risk-taking in addressing technological challenges
- Establish experimental protocols to transfer methods and reagents to research associates and the production team
- Take ownership for area of expertise while closely collaborating with all team members in a high performing environment
- PhD in a cell biology-related field; placental research and molecular biology experience a plus
- 2 – 5 years of experience applying and developing antibody-based assays
- Experience with techniques of cell culture, enrichment and isolation
- Experience with the following: immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, microscopy including multiplex microscopy, bead-based immunocapture purification and flow cytometry, single cell analysis techniques
- Familiarity with biostatistics
- Strong team player with a common goal mindset
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with a strong attention to scientific detail (for lab work, presentations, etc.)
- Solid scientific writing skills
- Highly motivated with an eagerness to learn
- Demonstrated capacity for independent work
Base Salary Range: $115,000 - $130,000 (annually)
The base salary range represents an estimated range for this position in the Seattle area. Determining a base wage will be based on several factors which include skill set, level of education, experience and qualifications, as well as the comparison to existing RareCyte employees in the position. Some roles may also qualify for additional compensation such as bonus, commission, stock options and travel allowance.
At RareCyte, we support our employees in and out of the office. Click here to view a list of benefits offered to eligible employees.
We love talking to qualified candidates! Even if you don't fit the description perfectly, please still apply and we'll review your resume.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to RareCyte Human Resources at email@example.com.
RareCyte strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all new RareCyte hires. Applicants unable to comply with this policy due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may be eligible for an accommodation, unless such an accommodation would be unduly burdensome or present a direct threat to RareCyte’s employees or others with whom our employees engage in the course of performing their jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact RareCyte Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.