UI Staff Engineer
The Protenus Healthcare Compliance Analytics platform is powered by a data pipeline that ingests robust and varied feeds to provide visibility into potential patterns of suspicious behavior that may otherwise go unnoticed. Our AI empowers subject matter experts to mitigate and ultimately reduce organizational risk — whether it's an employee improperly accessing patient records, or a clinician diverting medications — in an efficient, accurate, and scalable manner. If the opportunity to thwart these bad actors doesn’t excite you, maybe the opportunity to serve on a team filled with talented engineers that bring out the best in each other will do the trick.
Currently, the Protenus engineering team is looking to welcome a likewise passionate UI Engineer to our team to help us do this important work. Specifically, we’re looking for an experienced Staff Engineer who specializes in UI application development and delivery.
Our next UI Engineer (ahem, you) will be dedicated and responsible for technical decision-making, design, and development of Protenus’ UI applications as well as interfacing with our other development teams.
This innovative individual must be versatile, display collaborative qualities, and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems in a robust and forward thinking business and technical environment. You will be a key contributor to the production UI applications of the Protenus Platform as we look to build new customer features and keep codebases in line with modern technologies and code patterns.
- Deep and broad knowledge of Typescript and a front-end JS framework, preferably React
- Consistent experience developing against RESTful API’s with a firm understanding of request and response structure
- Progressive experience in analyzing complex problems, developing solutions, and building CI/CD pipelines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate within the team and across the organization
- Contribute to the development of our UI applications to include technical design / implementation plans
- Maintain a high bar for developer experience and championing technical excellence
- Review code and provide thoughtful, constructive feedback during code reviews
- Participate in on-call rotations with your team
- Provide compassionate technical mentorship and pairing opportunities
Location: Anywhere within the United States. We are a virtual first organization.
Sponsorship: We are unable to offer visa/green card sponsorship at this time.
Our HQ is located in the Fells Point area of Baltimore, MD. We love our office and hope you will too, but we won't require you to work from there. We made the decision to be a "virtual first" organization in early 2021. If you live in the area and would like to come in, great! If you are in town to meet with your team, even better! We welcome you (and dogs) anytime. We operate with "big person rules" and let you make the decision about what works best for you, your life and your family. Results > Location