Scientist I/II, iPSC Cell Line Generation and Protocol Development
Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
We are currently seeking a Scientist with expertise in induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) biology, culture, and differentiation. The candidate will join and contribute to a multidisciplinary program team focused on developing iPSC-derived ex vivo models to interrogate the effect of prime editing of disease-associated genetic mutations on restoration of gene expression and protein function in cell types of interest. The primary responsibility for this role will be contributing to the development of in vitro differentiation protocols and production of iPSC-derived cell types. Ideally the candidate will have direct experience with the culture of iPSCs and in vitro differentiation to one or more cell types.
- Contribute to the establishment of protocols for directed differentiation of human pluripotent cells to model a variety of cell types and diseases. Experience in neuronal, organoid, gut and lung epithelium and/or auditory models preferred.
- Experience in iPSC cell line generation, reprograming, sequencing, and QC
- Support development of disease phenotype-specific molecular and functional assays in relevant cell types differentiated from human pluripotent stem cells.
- Apply/optimize prime editing to correct disease-causing mutations in iPSC-derived progeny.
- Execute and interpret multiple experimental workflows including the standard cell biology and stem cell biology methods.
- Design, perform, analyze, interpret, and report experimental results at company meetings.
- Create, maintain, and curate human patient derived cell sample biorepository, associated QC materials/reagents, and protocols for use/application.
- MS (3-5+ year of experience), PhD (0-3+ years of experience).
- Experience in Cell Biology or related discipline with 2-3 years of laboratory experience in academia or industry
- In-depth knowledge of human pluripotent stem cell culture, characterization, and QC.
- Experience with ESC/iPSC differentiation protocols, reprogramming techniques, and cell line generation
- Working knowledge of in vivo application of iPSC-derived cell models
- Direct hands-on experience with a variety cell-based and molecular biology readout technologies, such as flow cytometry immunophenotyping and analysis, FACS (cell sorting), qPCR, ELISA, high-content and confocal imaging.
- The candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills, be highly organized and demonstrate curiosity, scientific rigor and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of genome editing tools (CRISPR-Cas9, base editing, prime editing) is a plus
- Experience with co-culture models or 3D culture systems (3D multi-cellular culture models and organoids systems) is a plus.
- Strong oral, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to work on weekends when necessary.
- Proactive and collaborative mindset, exhibiting an enthusiastic team attitude.
- Meticulous record keeping, documentation, and reporting of research.
- Independently learn, understand, and utilize current and developing industry practices, techniques, and standards in a rapidly changing field.
- Goal-driven and strong organizational skills.
- Highly adaptable and comfortable in an environment with dynamic priority demands.
- Strong communication skills, exhibiting the ability to clearly and concisely describe research to a cross-disciplinary audience.
- Rigorous and conscientious, exhibiting care and thoroughness in data interpretation.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.