Spring 2024 Co-op: Legal Operations
Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
Co-Op Assignment Overview
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Spring 2024 semester with an interest and experience in business and legal operations, to join the legal department at Prime. The candidate will be involved in supporting Prime’s corporate operations and SEC reporting obligations, contracting processes and other ad hoc department projects and initiatives.
- Help with corporate governance processes, including preparation and maintenance of materials for board of director and committee meetings, including resolutions, minutes, consents and other documentation as requested, and maintaining the corporate minutes book;
- Assist in preparation and filing of Nasdaq-related and SEC filings, such as periodic and current reports, proxy statements, including assistance with preparation of disclosures and tables, maintenance of filings calendars, and preparation and management of D&O questionnaire, and Section 16 reports;
- Assist with and help coordinate the annual stockholder meeting, including managing vendor communication and calendars and preparing meeting materials;
- Assist with drafting and preparing forms, letters, disclosure agreements and other legal documents. Coordinate approvals, signatures and notarization of documents;
- Help with corporate policies, including editing and reviewing documents, tracking policy status, coordinating reviews and approvals, and assisting with rollout to company; and
- Ad hoc projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of handling confidential and sensitive matters
- Ability to multi-task various matters
- Public company reporting
- Legal operations experience
- Interest in legal or business career
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
NOTE: We are currently not considering co-op candidates outside of the local Boston/Cambridge area.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.