Spring 2024 Co-op: Corporate Finance
Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
Co-Op Assignment Overview
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Spring 2024 semester with experience in accounting/finance to join the Finance team. The candidate will be involved in many essential tasks related to everyday accounting functions, as well as longer term projects.
We want curious problem solvers who enjoy working on exciting projects, working within a team and are passionate about developing genetic editing technologies to better human health and well-being.
- Put together weekly payment runs including determining which payments to make as well as processing in the banking platform
- Perform and assist with month-end and quarter-end close accounting tasks including preparation of journal entries ensuring compliance with US GAAP
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Support audit and quarterly review activities with external auditors
- Support the finance team with other reconciliations and schedule preparation, such as corporate credit card reconciliation and bank reconciliations
- Record daily cash transactions
- Review of P&L accounts to resolve classification issues
- Support the development of and adherence to internal control processes
- Assist finance leadership with ad-hoc initiatives and continue to improve processes for all areas of responsibility
- Pursuing a degree in accounting
- Interest in biotechnology or life science industry preferred
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Detail-oriented personality
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent analytical skills, with very strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team settings
- Ability to work within and meet all deadlines while executing on multiple deliverables
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
NOTE: We are currently not considering co-op candidates outside of the local Boston/Cambridge area.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.