Lab IT Manager
Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
The Lab IT Manager is both a strategic leader and a hands-on expert in the realm of technology and support services within the laboratory setting. This dual role ensures a streamlined digital experience for lab users by melding high-level oversight with practical on-the-ground solutions. While overseeing the integration phases of laboratory equipment, the Lab IT Manager actively participates in the actual IT processes, bridging the gap between IT and scientific needs. You will not only steer the IT support provided to scientists and external vendors but also directly engage in day-to-day tasks such as troubleshooting and implementing solutions. Your ability to leverage innovative tools to empower R&D teams while also being at the forefront of hands-on execution makes you an invaluable asset. Your leadership will be pivotal in optimizing scientific requirements, Prime Medicines (PM) IT protocols, and vendor constraints to craft solutions that exceed scientific expectations.
- Directly manage and support the Lab IT team, ensuring seamless operations for instruments and addressing scientists' issues via ticketing systems, in-person meetings, and phone.
- Actively participate in troubleshooting technical issues, demonstrating hands-on expertise in day-to-day operational challenges.
- Oversee and directly engage in the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of devices; endorse the efficient use of IT tools for remote management, inventory tracking, and software updates.
- Develop, conduct, and occasionally lead hands-on training sessions to equip teams with essential tools and technological skills.
- Ensure comprehensive documentation of assets, configurations, passwords, and processes, while personally overseeing critical items.
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in lab moves, new site builds, and office transitions.
- Translate customer requirements into actionable IT objectives, occasionally collaborating directly with stakeholders.
- Engage in technology outreach, trends, exploration, and intake across multiple vendors and proactively identify opportunities that align and solve PM’s business problems.
- Uphold and actively enforce global Information Security and Quality standards across all lab IT products/services.
- Lead and oversee the execution of processes from concept to production and retirement.
- Stay updated with technological trends, and proactively spot opportunities that align with PM's business challenges.
- 3+ years of managerial experience, combined with hands-on engagement in IT operations within a biotech environment.
- 5+ years of comprehensive IT experience, with a preference for direct troubleshooting and problem-solving roles.
- Profound understanding of Biotech or Biopharma in relation to scientific equipment vendors, software applications, and systems.
- Hands-on experience with IT setups of key lab instruments such as GE, Mermade, Hamilton, Waters, Cytiva/Akta, and Agilent.
- Exceptional customer service approach, coupled with a knack for hands-on problem resolution and strategic foresight.
- Resilient and adaptive mindset, ready to dive into evolving needs and excel in ambiguous scenarios.
- Expertise in troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues (TCP-IP, VLANS, Firewalls) from both a managerial and hands-on perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with teams, senior management, and clients, coupled with hands-on mentoring skills
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.