Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
Prime Medicine is seeking a technical specialist to join our highly skilled legal group. This position will report directly to our Senior Director of Intellectual Property. In this role you will work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment on a broad range of intellectual property matters in the emerging field of gene editing therapeutics. You will work directly with company scientists and the other members of the legal team to help to build, develop, and maintain a strong IP portfolio, protecting Prime Medicine’s technology platform and pipeline.
- Conduct scientific and technical research and provide support to the IP and legal group.
- Work directly with Prime’s scientists to understand new technological developments and inventions and collaborate with company patent attorneys on patent filings.
- Conduct patent and scientific literature searches, and analyze patents and scientific technical documents to assist patent attorneys in patent prosecution, counseling, and litigation.
- Draft and prosecute domestic and foreign patent applications under supervision of company patent attorneys.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or a related discipline required.
- Strong preference for candidates with experience in gene editing and CRISPR technologies.
- Must be eligible to sit for the USPTO registration exam and otherwise meet the requirements for registration as a patent agent.
- Excellent academic credentials with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
Please submit your application along with a writing sample.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Something looks off?