Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
Prime Medicine is seeking a patent agent to join our highly skilled legal group. This position will report directly to our Senior Director of Intellectual Property. In this role you will work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment on a broad range of intellectual property matters in the emerging field of gene editing therapeutics. You will work directly with company scientists and the other members of the legal team to help to build, develop, and maintain a strong IP portfolio, protecting Prime Medicine’s technology platform and pipeline.
- Draft and prosecute domestic and foreign patent applications in coordination with Prime’s external counsel.
- Interact with scientific team members and project teams to identify patentable inventions and facilitate patent filings.
- Conduct patentability, IP landscape, and freedom to operate searches.
- Participate in IP diligence and provide other IP support for business development opportunities.
- Candidates should be registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or a related discipline required.
- Strong preference for candidates with experience in gene editing and CRISPR technologies.
- 1-3 years of patent law experience in a law firm or company environment required.
- Excellent academic credentials with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
Please submit your application along with a writing sample.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Something looks off?