Senior Scientist I/II, High-Throughput Assay Development and Operations
Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
We are currently seeking a motivated, self-starting, and experienced engineering technical leader with expertise designing, building, developing, integrating, qualifying, and supporting lab automation. The automation will support scientific groups across the organization, from early discovery to technical development. These systems will include standalone instrumentation for semi-automated processes to fully integrated, end-to-end systems running multi-step processes and assays.
The candidate will join and contribute to a talented and highly productive team focused on building out the automation portfolio for Prime Medicine, to feed our data pipeline and power our innovation. The candidate will apply their expertise to meet with scientific end users to understand their workflow, evaluate, recommend, design, and build automation systems, and train and support end users through the life-cycle of the system.
- Effectively partners and interfaces with key stakeholders in the R&D organization to create and maintain automation solutions for current and planned pipelines and projects.
- Work with team scientists, wet lab and in silico, to train/coach, and co-develop efficient workflows for automating end to end operations.
- Work with external partners to enable technology transfer.
- Establish, maintain, and train automation engineering standards for Prime.
- Work with Informatics and Computation Sciences to integrate automated workflows with ELN (Benchling) and LIMS.
- Maintain detailed and complete electronic lab notebooks and documentation records.
- Present findings to internal teams and represent Prime at external forums
- PhD plus 3-6 years’ relevant industrial R&D experience or BS/MS plus 8+ years’ relevant industrial experience.
- Experience in development and support of lab automation including liquid handlers (Tecan, Dynamic Devices, Hamilton), robotic arms (Precise, KX-2, Denso, Kuka), and schedulers (Cellario, Green Button Go, Retisoft), in Non-GxP and GMP environments.
- Experience in UI development, workflow creation and programming (C++, C#, .NET)
- Experience automating lab procedures including plate-based assays, sequencing, cell culture, mRNA production, and LNP formulation
- Proficiency in cell culture, including primary cells, and BSL-2 safety
- Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams with a willingness to roll-up-sleeves to get things done.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to influence and engage across all levels of the company and with external stakeholders; strong interpersonal skills/diplomacy, and negotiation skill.
- Eager to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial, and team-based setting.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Something looks off?