Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Business Development
Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
We are a dynamic, high-growth, and intellectually challenging workplace with many projects that span Corporate Strategy, IP and R&D strategy, financings, BD deals, and competitive analyses. This individual will be a key member of the Business development team.
This role will be focused on driving critical business insights for our leadership team, and partner with stakeholders throughout the company to assess new opportunities and ideas. The individual will communicate clearly and concisely with senior leaders and is energized by helping organizations grow and operate effectively. The successful candidate will embrace being a generalist who uses data to inform recommendation and have a mind for higher-level strategy. Must be deeply passionate about and driven by the goal of helping patients.
- Work as an integral part of the business development team to strengthen company position in the gene editing space.
- Demonstrate cross-functional collaboration within the organization as part of communicating relevant insights to functional groups across the organization.
- Develop strategies and insights to address top opportunities and challenges for the business
- Support corporate licensing and partnering efforts for company; Identify, source and evaluate potential commercial partners
- Participate in deal structure discussions and support transaction through modeling of deal terms to inform value split and sensitivity analysis
- Landscape analysis for potential partners who are strategically aligned with the organization’s vision and pipeline.
- Proactively monitor, track industry trends, competitive assets on market and in development within therapeutic areas relevant to the organization
- Ability to dive into a valuation model, understand the key value drivers, risks, and opportunities.
- Establish template models and assumptions built from industry benchmarks that are sensitive to the specific dynamics of the business.
- Support NPP by assisting in development and execution of primary and secondary market research workstreams.
- Structure and build quantitative and qualitative/conceptual analyses.
- MBA or advanced degree in relevant scientific field preferred (an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered) 6+ years of experience.
- Experience with M&A transaction due diligence attractive but not required
- Familiarity with the principles of strategic evaluations and building business cases
- Strong analytical skills and broad business understanding of the biotech/pharmaceutical business and R&D process.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills and due diligence
- Strong client management and executive-level communication skills, including excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Acts with integrity and respect at all times
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Something looks off?