Associate Medical Director, Clinical Development
Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
We are seeking a physician-scientist with an interest and/or background in gene therapy to lead Prime Medicine’s programs from pre-clinical development into the clinic. The associate medical director will serve an integral role in the clinical development organization. They will interact broadly across the organization with research and with regulatory affairs in order to implement Prime’s strategies across one or more therapeutic areas. In concert with the clinical operations and clinical sciences teams, they will be responsible for the development, implementation and execution of clinical trials across multiple therapeutic areas. They will act as a representative of Prime Medicine in interactions with key opinion leaders, site investigators and regulators. The associate medical director will report to clinical development leadership.
- In collaboration with research, clinical sciences, regulatory affairs and clinical operations, develop a clinical trials strategy for the efficient and safe introduction of Prime gene editing therapeutics into human study participants, through in-human proof-of-concept.
- With support from clinical sciences and medical writing, conceptualize and author clinical trials protocols, including observational and all interventional trials from phase I - IV
- Serve as medical monitor, responsible for interfacing with site investigators, overseeing patient safety and analyzing data from clinical trials
- Represent clinical development on cross functional program teams
- Organize Scientific Advisory Boards and solicit feedback from Key Opinion Leaders
- Support Prime Medicine regulatory interactions both in the formulation of regulatory documents and in face-to-face discussions with regulators
- Collaborate with pre-clinical research to implement a translational biomarkers program for all clinical trials, and analyze translational data from Prime Medicine’s trials.
- Attend scientific and medical conferences as needed, to support presentation of Prime Medicine data and/or acquire state-of-the-art information in a relevant therapeutic field.
- Travel to investigator sites, regulatory meetings and conferences will be required
- M.D. or equivalent degree, preferably M.D.-PhD
- Minimum 3+ years industry or equivalent academic experience, either overseeing clinical trials or performing relevant research
- Track record of scientific and medical excellence
- Rigorous understanding of core scientific concepts in gene therapy, genetics and immunology
- Specialization in Hematology, Neurology or Hepatology preferred, but not required. Broad medical knowledge and facility with novel medical concepts is required.
- Basic understanding of Good Clinical Practice
- Facility and comfort with standard statistical methodologies and analytical tools
- Strong communication skills, with demonstrated experience composing scientific publications and delivering oral presentations.
- Ability to work in a heavily matrixed, cross-functional environment
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.