Summer Intern - Analytical Development
Precision BioSciences Summer Internship Program allows current students the opportunity to complete a combination of larger projects to solve a key problem and day to day tasks to better understand what a career in the given field entails. Interns will also participate in group learning and networking opportunities and enhance presentation skills through a capstone presentation at the end of the summer.
This position is a full time internship, working 40 hours per week for approximately 12 weeks in the summer.
The Analytical Development Intern will work in the Analytical Development department to provide support for Gene Therapy programs using adeno-associated virus (AAV). The position will focus on optimizing and evaluating methods to titer viral genomes using molecular biology-based assays and liquid handlers. The position will predominantly take place in a biological lab environment requiring Good Lab Practices.
**Please note, Precision BioSciences mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Strong documentation skills, requiring daily use of an Electronic Lab Notebook to record experiments
- Execute assays and analyze data following SOPs
- Develop experiments to evaluate assay performance and improve methods
- Work with AAV in a Biological Safety cabinet
- Perform sample and reagent preparation
- Perform ddPCR assays
- Operate standard lab equipment and Hamilton liquid handlers
- Collaborate with team members and present data
- Maintain a clean and well-organized lab space while following all safety protocols
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or related field
- Experience with Standard Wet Lab Equipment such as Centrifuges, Biological Safety Cabinets, Thermal Cyclers, Pipettes, Water/Bead Baths, Cell Culture Incubators
- Precise pipetting
- PCR experience
- Ability to work at lab bench for several hours
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain very specific lab notebook documenting experiments
- Microsoft Office experience, especially Excel
- ddPCR experience
- Automated liquid handler experience, Hamilton preferred
- AAV experience
- Knowledge of assay development
- No travel is expected for this position.
- This is primarily an office-based position associated with the main headquarters in Durham, NC.
Precision BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTIL), is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to improving life (DTIL) with its novel and proprietary ARCUS® genome editing platform. This isn’t just a statement supporting the products that we’re developing – it’s a statement that speaks to our collective desire to do our part in improving the lives of those around us. ARCUS is a highly specific and versatile genome editing platform designed with therapeutic safety, delivery, and control in mind. Using ARCUS, Precision is developing in vivo gene correction therapies for genetic diseases. Our team includes pioneers in genome editing, leaders in business, and a full staff of talented and committed people who are excited to be a part of medical and scientific breakthroughs. For additional information, please visit www. precisionbiosciences.com
Precision BioSciences actively fosters an inclusive environment to ensure we attract and retain the best talent; we value diversity of life experiences and perspectives; and we encourage innovation in pursuit of our mission. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.