The Facilities Specialist provides facilities and maintenance support for all office and lab environments within Precision BioSciences. The role of the Facilities Specialist is to execute corrective and preventative maintenance (PM) of building systems, equipment, and utility infrastructure, respond to emergency maintenance issues, and manage and coordinate contractors involved with facilities and maintenance support. The Facilities Specialist will report to the Facilities Manager and work closely with IT, Laboratory Operations, and Environmental Health & Safety teams to ensure smooth, reliable, and compliant operations.
**Please note, Precision BioSciences mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Oversee and act as an escalation point for all aspects of facility operations with an emphasis to driving efficiency and consistency in functions and processes at all locations
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all MEP systems, process gases, and LN2 systems for all sites
- Build and maintain the site CMMS program to ensure:
o Demand work orders are generated and completed in a timely manner
o Critical equipment has accurate preventive maintenance procedures developed and equipment properly maintained
- Implement procedures related to facility security, including the card access system; provide input as required for corporate-level audits of systems and processes
- Operate and maintain the site Building Automation System (BAS, FMS, and EMS)
- Help support and manage site improvement projects, including managing outside contractors and developing project schedules
- Interface with local regulatory agencies such as the Fire Marshall, Building Inspectors, and Waste Management personnel
- Keep all necessary records for refrigeration, electrical, hot water, compressed gases, fire systems, handling equipment, and building/grounds in compliance with company needs
- Must participate in the on-call rotation, including weekend building walk-throughs
- Participate on an Environmental Health Safety Team
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- AAS in Engineering or Maintenance Services Management or similar education from an accredited university and 3+ years of facilities management experience in R&D laboratories and administrative environments or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience managing maintenance and operation of mission-critical infrastructure and utilities systems
- Extensive experience and knowledge of building maintenance and repairs and crafts, including carpentry, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, roofing, fire/life safety systems, general maintenance, labor, etc.
- Knowledge of project management principles and systems, including scoping, estimating, planning, budgeting, controlling, implementing, and change management
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PPT), AutoCAD, Schneider FMS, and CMMS programs
- Formal education/certification related to Facilities Management from an industry-recognized organization (i.e., BOMA, IFMA, ISPE)
- EPA Universal Certification License
· Occasional local travel.
Location: Durham, NC.
Precision BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTIL), is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to improving life (DTIL) with its novel and proprietary ARCUS® genome editing platform. This isn’t just a statement supporting the products that we’re developing – it’s a statement that speaks to our collective desire to do our part in improving the lives of those around us. ARCUS is a highly specific and versatile genome editing platform designed with therapeutic safety, delivery, and control in mind. Using ARCUS, Precision is developing allogeneic CAR T and in vivo gene correction therapies for cancer and genetic diseases. Our team includes pioneers in genome editing, leaders in business, and a full staff of talented and committed people who are excited to be a part of medical and scientific breakthroughs. For additional information, please visit www. precisionbiosciences.com
Precision BioSciences actively fosters an inclusive environment to ensure we attract and retain the best talent; we value diversity of life experiences and perspectives; and we encourage innovation in pursuit of our mission. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.