Summer Intern - Corporate Strategy & Competitive Intelligence
Precision BioSciences Summer Internship Program allows current students the opportunity to complete a combination of larger projects to solve a key problem and day to day tasks to better understand what a career in the given field entails. Interns will also participate in group learning and networking opportunities and enhance presentation skills through a capstone presentation at the end of the summer.
This position is a full-time internship, working 40 hours per week for approximately 12 weeks in the summer.
The Corporate Strategy and Competitive Intelligence function operates at the nexus of science and business, addressing intricate healthcare challenges and helping organizations to be at the forefront of drug development. Through a blend of competitive intelligence, market research, and data analytics, we extract vital insights and help influence our internal program development.
Joining us in our mission to advance gene editing development, the Commercial Intern will establish expertise alongside some of the brightest minds and gain in-depth experience across therapeutic areas and commercial operations. Throughout, you'll be part of an inclusive team and professionally grow in a diverse environment.
**Please note, Precision BioSciences mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Market Research: Applying secondary market research skills for projects related to market sizing, pricing analysis etc.
- Competitive Intelligence: Tracking competitive landscape; conducting competitive threat assessments
- Strategy: Develop recommendations for the organization for pricing of gene therapy projects and assess disease area strategy for key players
- Business Development: Support due diligence process for potential business development deals and conduct opportunity assessment for internal portfolio management
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Currently pursuing MBA or Master’s degree in professional science field and 2-4 years of professional experience in consulting, finance, marketing, sales, or drug research and development, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in conducting and analyzing research and distilling data into concise summaries for informed business decisions
- Capable of understanding market landscapes and extracting insights from diverse data sources
- Skilled in using Excel models and other quantitative and qualitative resources for analysis
- Proven ability to translate analyses into compelling business narratives influencing decisions and strategy, with excellent communication skills
- Effective interaction with team leaders, managers and senior leadership demonstrated through experience
- Track record of leadership, time management, project management, and collaboration
- Expertise in standard analysis and presentation software such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Keen interest and experience in business analysis focused on pharma, biotech, and healthcare industries
- Advanced degree such as PhD, Pharm-D in life sciences
- Prior background in gene/cellular therapy space
- No travel is expected for this internship.
- This is a primarily office-based position associated with the main headquarters in Durham, NC. This role will be able to function remotely in full time capacity but is subject to change as needed.
Precision BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTIL), is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to improving life (DTIL) with its novel and proprietary ARCUS® genome editing platform. This isn’t just a statement supporting the products that we’re developing – it’s a statement that speaks to our collective desire to do our part in improving the lives of those around us. ARCUS is a highly specific and versatile genome editing platform designed with therapeutic safety, delivery, and control in mind. Using ARCUS, Precision is developing in vivo gene correction therapies for genetic diseases. Our team includes pioneers in genome editing, leaders in business, and a full staff of talented and committed people who are excited to be a part of medical and scientific breakthroughs. For additional information, please visit www. precisionbiosciences.com
Precision BioSciences actively fosters an inclusive environment to ensure we attract and retain the best talent; we value diversity of life experiences and perspectives; and we encourage innovation in pursuit of our mission. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.