Join us as we re-imagine and rebuild the clinical research model and its integration into the clinical care model: it’s time for a new PARADIGM in healthcare and drug development.
We envision a world where clinical trials become an accessible care option for all patients, fully integrated into the standard clinical care continuum, at scale. We are building a tech-enabled ecosystem to tackle inefficiencies in the current clinical research model. In today’s model, the vast majority of patients in the community are never offered access to clinical trial participation as a care option for their disease. Patients with privileged social and economic backgrounds have disproportional access to clinical trials, perpetuating existing systemic inequities in healthcare.
Our goal, via the deployment of our end-to-end technology platform embedded in the provider workflow, is to minimize barriers to clinical trial access and create efficiency at scale across the community healthcare ecosystem. In accomplishing this, patients will be given equitable access to clinical trials as a standard care option, regardless of their race, gender, socioeconomic status or insurance coverage, which will accelerate trials for sponsors and alleviate the labor burden for providers.
You are someone who is proud of your diverse background, clinical expertise, and perspectives. You’re ready to use your experience to help us reimagine the clinical research model and its integration into the overall patient care delivery model. You will work with experts in the fields of healthcare, clinical trial operations, product development, software engineering & data science, and drug development.
Join us and bring your expertise, passion, creativity, and drive as we work together to increase access for all patients, no matter the location, creating an impactful difference in healthcare globally.
As Medical Director at Paradigm, you will join our clinical operations team to provide medical support and insight. You will work closely with research professionals to take a data-driven approach to the analysis and implementation of clinical research protocols at scale. The intersection of analytics and healthcare is comfortable to you, as you strategically develop a research portfolio for health systems, providers, and research sponsors.
You will have a hand in shaping and overseeing the company's medical strategy, clinical development, and product development as it relates to clinical trial conduct and patient data access. We are looking for a visionary medical leader who is focused on the use of technology solutions to optimize access to the best possible care for all patients, inclusive of clinical trials. This unique medical director will leverage not only medical expertise and a deep understanding of care delivery and clinical drug development but also the support of medical input relative to technical product development.
An understanding of the use of data science and patient-level data analytics as part of the decision support matrix for care will be valuable. Leveraging your medical expertise, industry knowledge, and clinical trial experience you will drive innovation and contribute to the success of Paradigm. This role will also be involved in discussions with study sponsors and clinical research organizations. This role requires an understanding of the clinical trial ecosystem, healthcare system dynamics and workflows, regulatory requirements, and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
What you’ll do:
Be the subject matter expert in clinical research:
- Interface with research sponsors (biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and life sciences) to understand research goals and design
- Provide feedback on protocol conceptualization documents to support more efficient execution
- Collaborate with providers, including physicians and care teams, to understand clinical research needs and workflow optimizations
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including executive management, business development teams, and research leadership to analyze potential research protocols
- Provide guidance and expertise for methods in the reduction of disparities in clinical research at a population level
- Oversee workflows and platform feedback for patient matching and recruitment
- Interact with external entities (Investigators, CROs, providers and laboratories) to ensure efficient conduct of research
Team Leadership and Management:
- Provide leadership and guidance to the clinical team, fostering a collaborative and innovative culture
- Encourage cross-functional collaboration and effective communication within the medical team and throughout Paradigm
- Drive a culture of innovation and learning, fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing. Cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment that attracts top talent and fosters professional growth
Who you are:
- A clinician (MD, DO) who has 3+ years of experience in the conduct of clinical research as a PI/sub-I is a plus
- Experience in clinical research, including designing, executing, and overseeing clinical trials in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, or in the cooperative group and provider setting
- Experience with analyzing real-world or other clinical data at a population level, including biomarker data
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines related to clinical trials, such as Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and foster a culture of innovation and excellence
- Analytical mindset and strong problem-solving abilities to interpret complex medical and scientific data
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
At Paradigm, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the contributions of every employee, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on any of the aforementioned factors. We encourage and welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply for our open positions. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and to ensure that all employment decisions are based on job-related factors such as skills, experience, and qualifications.