Join us as we re-imagine and rebuild the clinical research model and its integration into the clinical care model: it’s time for a new PARADIGM in healthcare and drug development.
We envision a world where clinical trials become an accessible care option for all patients, fully integrated into the standard clinical care continuum, at scale. We are building a tech-enabled ecosystem to tackle inefficiencies in the current clinical research model. In today’s model, the vast majority of patients in the community are never offered access to clinical trial participation as a care option for their disease. Patients with privileged social and economic backgrounds have disproportional access to clinical trials, perpetuating existing systemic inequities in healthcare.
Our goal, via the deployment of our end-to-end technology platform embedded in the provider workflow, is to minimize barriers to clinical trial access and create efficiency at scale across the community healthcare ecosystem. In accomplishing this, patients will be given equitable access to clinical trials as a standard care option, regardless of their race, gender, socioeconomic status or insurance coverage, which will accelerate trials for sponsors and alleviate the labor burden for providers.
You are someone who is proud of your diverse background, clinical expertise, and perspectives. You’re ready to use your experience to help us reimagine the clinical research model and its integration into the overall patient care delivery model. You will work with experts in the fields of healthcare, clinical trial operations, product development, software engineering & data science, and drug development.
Join us and bring your expertise, passion, creativity, and drive as we work together to increase access for all patients, no matter the location, creating an impactful difference in healthcare globally.
We are seeking a Medical Informaticist or terminologist to join our team. In this role, you will help drive the design, build, and execution of terminology libraries. You will ensure end-to-end data integrity within our products. You will help organize and represent clinical knowledge within our content management platform that enables knowledge bases sourced from, or based on, industry-standard controlled vocabularies, value sets, and ontologies.
What you’ll do:
- Organize and represent clinical knowledge within our content management platform and operate a terminology management system; mapping to and between standard terminologies
- Map (semantically normalize) raw data from EHRs to industry standards and/or Paradigm’s proprietary vocabularies
- Serve as a subject matter expert, support, and manage the use of standard clinical terminologies (ex. ICD10, ICD O-3, RxNorm, ATC, etc.)
- Create proprietary clinically oriented grouper ontologies (i.e. value sets) to support our data platform products
- Engage with various teams to help define and implement extensions to existing ontologies and vocabularies supporting internal features and 3rd party content
- Work cross-functionally to perform source-to-target mappings between incoming data (e.g. EHR) and our data model
- Identify and evaluate potential sources of content to enhance the product user experience
- Become an expert in querying the data stored in our regulatory-grade platform
- Contribute critically and creatively to the analytics data model, content architecture, rules engine design, ontology development methodology, and testing infrastructure
Who you are:
- Masters in clinical, biomedical, or health informatics or a related field, or bachelor's degree and 3 years of relevant work experience in health informatics
- 2+ years of experience working with healthcare ontologies or terminology
- Experience creating or maintaining healthcare information models and ontologies
- Experience working directly with existing standard terminologies (e.g. SNOMED, LOINC, RxNorm, ICD-10), proprietary vocabularies (e.g. FirstDataBank, Medispan), and biomedical ontologies (e.g., MeSH, UMLS)
- Experience working with real-world data sources such as EHR and claims data
- Hands-on experience with operating a terminology management system (e.g. Symedical, Health Language, DTS)
- Understanding of HL7, FHIR, and other healthcare data exchange/reference information models
- Understanding of data ingestion and the normalization (structural and semantic) pipeline
- Proficient in SQL and Excel
At Paradigm, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the contributions of every employee, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on any of the aforementioned factors. We encourage and welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply for our open positions. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and to ensure that all employment decisions are based on job-related factors such as skills, experience, and qualifications.