Director of Sales
About the role:
Papaya is seeking a Director of Sales to drive the acquisition and implementation of new strategic partners, who provide access to multiple biller businesses and platforms within North America. This role presents the opportunity to work with an emerging company in a challenging and dramatically evolving sales environment. The Individual will work closely in a cross-functional start-up environment with Papaya leadership, including Finance, Operations, Product Management/Development and Marketing. The successful candidate will generate significant long-term agreements with the ultimate goal of driving revenue growth.
What you will do:
- Identify and contact prospects, effectively selling the Papaya solution.
- Negotiate business terms and manage contract processes through closure.
- Work closely with Product regarding partner product needs and prioritizing new features and functionality that will drive additional opportunities.
- Employing superior negotiation and communication abilities as an influencer while embodying unquestionable integrity and trust.
Develop and manage targeted pipelines where you understand the partners’ needs, pain points while understanding core priorities – drive urgency to get deals moving through the sales funnel.
What you can bring:
- Minimum of 7+ years of business development or sales experience, and comfort selling to C-level executives.
- Knowledge of payment processing, credit card acquiring, and how payment processing directly impacts a prospects business environment. Ideal knowledge of core players in the payment processing environment.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated individual with a proven track record in sales and business development to help meet the company’s objectives and business targets.
- Highly strategic with strong business acumen and critical thinking ability.
- Proven ability to negotiate agreements and close deals.
- Independent, highly motivated and comfortable working at a fast pace.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- A passion for Papaya’s core mission and values (driving impact, customer-centric, entrepreneurial focused, data drive, and diversity & inclusion).
Papaya is a modern fintech platform that simplifies bill payments for American families. Using computer vision and automation, our app makes paying your bills as simple as taking a picture.
We started in 2016 with the mission to alleviate the frustration of paying bills. We are building technology to help address American families’ number one source of stress, finances, while also helping billers of all sizes and from all industries get paid faster and more often.
At Papaya, we love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2021, 2022, and 2023! We are proud to have 4.8 stars and over 100k reviews on the App Store, and are backed by investors that include Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and First Round Capital.
In order to provide greater transparency, we have included base pay ranges for all of our US-based job postings. Our pay ranges are based on the role's level and responsibilities, and benchmarked against similar stage growth companies in the fintech industry. We utilize multiple factors including skills and work experience to determine the final offer amount given to each candidate.The base pay range for this position is: $140,000 - $160,000/year, plus commission with a target of $200,000-$220,000.