Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a 'unicorn' - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
As a Project Manager you will be working on ongoing projects where Owkin is developing and deploying its world-class AI platform, to accelerate the discovery of new treatments and new drugs. You will be working on internal R&D projects and pharma companies sponsored projects to advance biomedical research, discover and develop better treatments .
In particular, you will:
- coordinate your projects portfolio across the Data Platform team;
- be working closely with the R&D and medical teams and ensure fluent collaboration with teams outside of the Data Platform involved in the execution of project deliverables;
- be working closely with the Product, Engineering and Infra teams to ensure that all projects are aligned with the development roadmap.
As Owkin is scaling up, you will play a key role in managing operations to enable a swift expansion of the project portfolio while ensuring good quality and timely delivery of projects, as well as their alignment with Owkin’s strategy .
The Project Manager will report to the VP of Operations as part of Owkin’s Data Platform team; he/she will interact with a wide variety of profiles including technical, legal, medical, data researchers and business contacts both within and outside the organization. This is a transversal role which will allow you to get a broad perspective on Owkin’s research and technology development. You will be expected to develop a range of specific skills to become referent on those key competencies within the team (e.g health data, IT infrastructure, legal, GDPR, health-related data…).
The position is located in Paris, Nantes or London offices and remote work can be discussed with the hiring manager.
Required qualifications / experience:
- Proven experience in the field of business or project management, ideally in a technical or medical field.
- General understanding of the health sector, business for pharmaceutical companies.
- Good knowledge of project management methodologies;
- Learns quickly and is passionate about Biotech and AI;
- Works hard and knows how to get things done efficiently;
- Prioritizes and is able to juggle multiple work streams;
- Works efficiently within a complex environment and has a good team spirit;
- Communicates effectively in written and oral English;
- Is numeric and tech-savvy;
- Is a creative thinker
- First experience in biotech company
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- contact the following authorities:
- Contract Type:Full-Time
- Possible full remote
Sounds like something made for you?
Something looks off?