Principal Scientist of Oncology-Molecular Biology
Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a 'unicorn' - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
For this Principal Scientist position, the Medical team are seeking a highly skilled scientist to contribute to the discovery and lead the validation of exciting novel therapeutic approaches in Oncology and Immunology. You will work closely with trans-functional teams to design, plan and execute experiments (from in vitro assays in complex models, in vivo assays…) to support preclinical development of our pipeline. You will have a critical input on their completion and their development.
In particular, you will:
- Lead target validation programs in onco-immunology within the medical team to achieve a portion of our drug discovery pipeline goals
- Be responsible for designing, planning, executing, documenting and interpreting data and scientific experiments while providing mechanistic insight into the pathogenesis of the disease
- Help Owkin labs to troubleshoot technical issues and identify potential areas of improvement
- Contribute to the development of Owkin labs by identifying, initiating collaboration and monitoring ongoing programs with our partners (academic and CRO) according to our needs and our internal growth
- Communicate effectively with internal managers and external collaborators
- Prepare reports and presentations of your research program for internal use in an appropriate and professional manner
- Keep abreast of relevant literature in the field of immunology and new targets for validation approaches.
Required qualifications / experience:
- Phd in Oncology, Immuno-oncology, Molecular Biology or related fields with 5+ years of relevant experience of target validation in biotech/academia/industry.
- In-depth knowledge of (either) immuno-oncology, cell signaling pathways, genomics, assay development and drug discovery biology
- Experience in leading projects in the Target validation involving different stakeholders
- Team player with excellent communication skills, and ability to work in a cross functional group
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Highly organized and meticulous about details; capable of tackling complex problems logically and effectively; fun to work with; honest; excited to work hard in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; …
- Good oral and written reporting skills in English
- Dynamic, driven and ability to work under pressure
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- contact the following authorities:
- Contract Type:Full-Time
- Experience:> 5 years
- Possible full remote
Sounds like something made for you?
Something looks off?