Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a 'unicorn' - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
As Junior Purchaser, you will be part of a dynamic environment while joining Owkin’sfinance dream team.
You will have the opportunity to develop purchasing within Owkin and occupy a keyposition within the company by bringing your creativity and rigor to theimplementation and monitoring of the purchasing process.
You will work closely with Owkins operational teams and will report directly to thePurchase Manager.
- Participate in the development and implementation of purchasing strategies toensure short and long term optimization
- Maintain purchasing procedures and ensure compliance with their application
- Participate in the identification and sourcing of suppliers and contribute to thenegotiations of the applicable commercial conditions in compliance with thePurchasing policy
- Launch and manage tenders when required
- Develop and manage the relationship with internal stakeholders: identify,analyse expenses and challenge their needs.
- Manage the purchase orders follow up into Owkin’s ERP
- Implement the monitoring of agreements (contracts, NDA…) with the supportof the legal department.
Position is based in our Paris office.
Required qualifications / experience:
- Coming from a Bac +4/5 training in a business school
- First experience in a Purchase department
- Knowledge of call for tenders, purchasing standards and procedures,purchasing techniques as well as negotiation techniques, contractualobligations (conditions for setting up contracts);
- Strong sense of analysis and organization, autonomy, strength ofproposal and negotiation, rigor, ability to work on several projectssimultaneously, interpersonal skills and good communication
- Interest for technical and scientific topics
- A minimum intermediate level (B2) in written and spoken English;
- Flexibility and ease in working in a constantly changing environment
- You had a first experience with ERP type tools (Netsuite) andparticipated in their implementation.
- You have knowledge of ISO 27001 & 9001 standards in terms ofpurchasing management
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- contact the following authorities:
- Contract Type:Full-Time
Sounds like something made for you?
Something looks off?