Director Business Intelligence
Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a 'unicorn' - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
Owkin has an ambitious growth strategy focused around data access, diagnostics and biopharma. Business intelligence is pivotal to ensure successful and scalable growth.
To assist in Owkin’s rapid growth, we are currently searching for an entrepreneurially minded professional capable of understanding the complex interconnectivity of business, science, AI technologies, drug discovery and development, as well as executing on every step needed to achieve big goals.
The Director, Business Intelligence will be a part of Owkin’s business strategy team. The position will require cross team collaboration with competitive/business intelligence counterparts in the Platform, R&D, Diagnostics, Legal, Commercial and Corporate Development teams.
As a Director Business Intelligence you will:
- Ensure that Owkin has a constantly up-to-date view of its positioning vs competitors in the industry
- Analyse impact of key AI and Pharma industry trends on Owkin’s strategy
- Provide key insights regarding Owkin’s strategy for future growth, covering our transition towards a full-stack AI biopharmaceutical company, data and AI strategy.
The Director Business Intelligence will report directly to the SVP Business Strategy and get high-level exposure to C-Suite management and leadership teams across the organization. The role will also require close collaboration with Corporate Development, Diagnostics, and Platform teams.
In particular, you will:
- Lead the planning and execution of business intelligence activities, including mapping the external environment of potential competitors, strategic partners, and collaborators.
- Develop and maintain a current landscape of external opportunities for interaction, including AI biopharmas like Owkin; collaborators for discovery capabilities; and partners for data acquisition, diagnostic deployment, or clinical development.
- Create reports for areas of interest in data, AI, diagnostics, R&D and biopharma: leading the research on state of the art (complex technologies, products and solutions), perform landscape assessments of competitors and service providers, and deep-dive on differentiated players
- Assist with the identification and assessment of growth and expansion initiatives; monitor industry trends, references and maintain your own external relationships
- Contribute to internal presentations, board materials, and discuss specific external collaboration opportunities with Owkin partners and advisors
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: hiring, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance and productivity management
- Hire and manage business intelligence associate(s), junior analyst(s) and intern(s)
Position is based in our Paris, London offices or remotely.
Required qualifications / experience:
We are looking for someone who has a fascination with innovative research and Artificial Intelligence, the future of clinical research, life sciences and medicine, and is passionate about tackling the most complex health challenges.
- You have a University Degree with strong scientific or management background, preferably a Masters/PhD degree in the Sciences, Math or Technology
- You have 6+ years in biotech, lifesciences, pharmaceutical or healthcare industries
- As a plus, you have 3+ years in a management or leadership role
- You have strong subject matter expertise and first-hand execution experience in competitive intelligence and business intelligence analysis
- You have the capacity to both work independently and collaborate with multiple teams across the organization
- You are hands-on, proactive, articulate and possess integrity, professionalism and no work ego
- You know how to get things done efficiently: prepare a workplan, execute it, and present outputs to senior management
- You have the ability to learn quickly on new complex topics, show creative thinking, and you can prioritize and juggle multiple work streams
- You have a collaborative mindset, emotional intelligence and the ability to adapt quickly to change
- You have excellent communication, presentation and writing skills in English
- You are a strong computer literate (Google suite, Slack, Salesforce, etc…)
- You are excited to work hard in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing, well-funded company with real potential to make an impact on the lives of patients.
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- contact the following authorities:
- Contract Type:Full-Time
- Education Level:Fourth-Year University Level
- Possible full remote
Sounds like something made for you?
Something looks off?