Senior Project Manager R&D
Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a 'unicorn' - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
The Project Manager is a key architect in the success of our most strategic clients engagements, reporting to the Head of Project Management Group.You’ll work directly with OWKIN R&D and Medical Experts in the Loop business unit on the delivery of our value proposition and product tracks, applying state-of-the-art Machine Learning technologies to the most ambitious medical challenges (ex: development of advanced biomarkers, surrogate endpoints, multimodal outcome prediction models etc.).
In particular, you will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of one or multiple engagements in parallel
- In close collaboration with a project Scientific Lead, manage the project scope, team, planning and deliverables with a product delivery mindset,
- Ensure client satisfaction, build and sustain relationships with senior executives,
- Take part in the sales engineering process to identify new leads and write commercial proposals.
We are looking for:
- PhD, Masters degree or BS in computer science (machine learning, applied mathematics, computer science, software engineering) or life sciences (MD, PharmD, biology, bioinformatics, biological engineering…)
- Strong experience in the project management or delivery of high-impact scientific research / technological products / consulting engagement or in a product owner role within the medical/pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Experience in Biostatistics / Machine Learning / Deep Learning algorithms & methodologies
- Ability to create and develop trust-based relationships with our clients and teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and meticulous about details; capable of tackling complex problems logically and effectively;
- Excited to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Passionate about the intersections of Healthcare and AI
- Fluent in English, Fluent in French is a plus
- Authorization to work legally in France
- As our clients are based across Europe and in the USA, occasional travel may be required
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- contact the following authorities:
- Contract Type:Full-Time
- Education Level:Bachelor's Degree
- Possible full remote
Sounds like something made for you?
Something looks off?