Business Development Manager North-Africa
At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
We successfully raised 80 million in series B funding and welcomed two companies to our organization. With 500+ teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector? 🚀
What you will do
We are expanding internationally and are looking for a full-time Business Development Manager - North Africa based in Spain or Morocco.
Where you will have impact:
- As a hunter, you source potential client opportunities via cold calling, email campaigns and through interaction with professional industry network groups.
- Respond to all incoming product enquiries, referrals and leads in a timely and effective manner. You format tailor-made proposals to clients.
- You organise face-to-face or online product demonstrations and advanced training sessions.
- Keep track of our existing client base and generate new sales by upselling our products according to the client’s needs.
- Contract negotiation, maintaining a balance between optimal service, value for the client and Lighthouse's profit margins.
- Together with the team, you help building and adjusting the vision for the sales team. You build and execute a business development plan to achieve business aims and the sales targets, develop innovative strategies to maximise results and identify shortfalls in the process. This all aiming at process improvements.
- Attend meetings, (inter)national conferences and organize regional road shows as required.
- You are the middleman between our client and our Product Development team. You will provide client feedback to this team so products can be reviewed in line with the feedback.
- Collaborate closely with marketing and finance teams to align strategies and share market insights, enhancing integrated business goals and initiatives.
- Actively participate in internal trainings and meetings, to foster continuous professional development and ensure alignment with company strategies.
- Keep track of your efforts in our CRM system and achieve KPI’s and targets.
About our team
Join our dynamic Revenue team of over 130 sales professionals globally, represented in 24 countries, who are passionate about driving revenue and expanding our market share in the hospitality industry. As a large department with various roles, our team offers many opportunities for growth and career development. Our team works closely with customers, (including hotels, chains, STR and more) to help them achieve their revenue goals. As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic group of professionals, learn from experienced leaders, and contribute to the success of our organization.
With a mission to expand our market share in EMEA, we focus on both mature and growth markets, constantly seeking out new opportunities to expand our territory. Our team of 36 people is made up of talented and driven individuals from diverse backgrounds, all working together to drive revenue growth and achieve our goals.
What we offer
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or, if you live nearby, at one of our seven offices around the world
- Unlimited time off: we believe in providing our employees with the flexibility and autonomy to manage their work-life balance effectively
- 160€/month on your Cobee flexible benefits card to be used on either food (restaurants, bars, coffee shops, delivery, etc), Transportation (Monthly bus/metro tickets) or Nursery for children up to 3 years old.
- 40€/month to learn or improve any language on Preply
- Alan health insurance: 100% coverage for you, your spouse and your dependants
- A motivation to deliver your best work as we have built a high-bar and very talented team of individuals that are friendly, creative, open-minded, and passionate about what they do
- A compensation that values your work and which we will proactively keep competitive
- A referral bonus scheme when you bring new talent to our #bestteamever!
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, Business, Communication, Economics or other relevant fields.
- You have 3+ years relevant experience in business development in the hospitality business or with a SaaS company.
- Passion for the travel industry is an absolute must, we all caught the travel bug at Lighthouse ;)
- A hunter by heart: thanks to your hunter mentality, you can find, solicit and drive new business to our company. After generating leads, you are comfortable presenting and promoting our products by webinars and tutorials.
- You're passionate about our products and tailor your pitch to the audience's needs.
- You are a self-starter: you will pose new ideas and process improvements for our sales process.
- You have experience with SalesForce, or other CRM systems and related sales tools.
- You are fluent in French and English, Arabic is a plus. And of course, you have excellent written and oral communication skills and you demonstrate a high level of diplomacy.
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it's part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we're excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can't wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.