Vice President Data as a Service
At OTA Insight, we’re helping the hospitality industry with our BI solution to visualise and leverage its data in the most simple way so that they can make better revenue, distribution and marketing decisions.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We raised a series B funding and have welcomed two companies to our organisation. With 400+ people, representing 36 nationalities living in 30 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionising the hotel sector? 🚀
OTA Insight is a leading business & market intelligence SaaS provider in the travel industry with a focus on hotels & short term rentals. Our customers include the full spectrum of different types of hotels, from independently owned to ownership groups to management companies to major chains like Marriott, Hilton, Accor, IHG, etc. apart from a broad spectrum of short term rental providers and destination management organizations.
Today, OTA Insight is present in more than 185+ countries and serves more than 60,000 hotels. Additionally we have acquired leading businesses like Transparent Intelligence, KriyaRevGen and Triometric Solutions making us a leading source of truth for data & insights in travel. As a snapshot, on a daily basis, our data & platform assets along with our stellar global talent help monitor 1B+ prices, process 100TB+ of raw data, and profile 23M+ hotels & short-term rental listings. All of these efforts have one singular purpose: empower our customers to make smarter & more effective revenue, marketing & distribution decisions.
This is a unique opportunity for a person with a proven track record of success to help define OTA Insight’s Data as a Service (DaaS) strategy through a combination of a general manager-mindset for owning a new line of business, industry relationships, proven sales tactics, and creativity to develop robust & scalable DaaS offerings in travel. This position will be responsible for creating & positioning a full portfolio of offerings to customers in travel consisting of existing, recently acquired, and a future pipeline of products.
The Vice President, DaaS will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer & will be responsible for implementing an end-to-end lead generation, sales process backed up with world class execution & support. It is expected that this person will already have existing relationships with C-Level and functional leaders in online travel companies, travel technology companies, travel wholesalers, bed banks & short-term rental companies .
The types of contacts (within these companies) of interest are within the disciplines of pricing, revenue management, predictive analytics, data operations, competitive intelligence, commercial, ecommerce & distribution functions. The Vice President, DaaS will be responsible for developing new business opportunities & scaling this nascent line of business to grow into a profitable & sustainable line of business with $5M in recurring revenue in 3 years.
The Vice President, DaaS will work closely with our Product, Data Science, Data & Operations teams & Enterprise Sales lead to meet with key customers & prospects to understand future DaaS needs. This will develop a strong feedback loop with key decision makers to ensure creating & future adoption of new products. This role will be an important voice in helping us to define and build future strategic plans that lead to high growth within the travel industry.
While this is being envisioned as an individual contributor role initially, this person might be asked to oversee a pod of cross-functional leads that will together incubate the DaaS line of business within OTA Insight. Irrespective, this person needs to be a consensus builder and represent our culture and values in the marketplace. Through measurable and sustained success, this position has a high probability of taking on increased responsibility on behalf of the global team.
🚀 Where you'll make a difference:
- You'll be the single-threaded owner for all aspects of the DaaS line of business;
- You'll define and execute a multi-year growth strategy for the line of business that aligns with our business objectives and enhances OTA Insight brand equity;
- You'll leverage unique industry relationships to develop strategic partnerships to help incubate & scale the line of business;
- You'll create a co-ordinated growth strategy for key customer & prospects that aligns across Sales, Marketing, Account Management, Data & Partnerships teams;
- You'll maintain detailed account plans across key customers that are regularly updated and reviewed with COO, Chief Revenue Officer & Chief Customer Officer;
- You'll work closely with the enterprise sales teams, account management & partnerships teams in hotels & short term rentals to leverage existing hotel & STR momentum;
- You'll build pipeline that consistently delivers $5M subscription revenue per year post ramp & incubation;
- You'll effectively qualify opportunities to ensure maximization of revenue margin and LTV;
- You'll work closely with Account Management, Enterprise Services, Product, Data & Operations teams to ensure post deal implementation is well executed and customer satisfaction & NPS is as per internal guidance;
- You'll be the subject matter expert for all things DaaS for industry forums, Marketing tactics and customer engagements as needed;
- You'll be part of the cross-functional management team at OTA Insight and drive a high-performance culture building on our leadership principles.
🚀 Your skills & experience:
- 10+ years of enterprise sales experience in the Hospitality & Travel verticals
- At least 2 years experience incubating products & services incl. a proven track record of new business development & partnerships to scale offerings
- Proven C-level & leadership relationships in travel such as, short term rental companies, online travel companies, travel technology providers.
- Deep understanding of enterprise deal execution with discipline to implement, execute and document complex deal execution through account-level plans
- Strong understanding of SaaS and DaaS delivery models, value propositions and pricing and positioning
- Strong communications skills that can outline deal scope, impact and business outcomes both internally and externally
- Strong Industry knowledge and understanding of the travel technology ecosystem is a must
- Expertise in the effective use of Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done
We are an energetic company operating out of some of the most dynamic places in the world for tech companies.Our offices in London, Ghent, Denver, Dallas, São Paulo, Singapore and Sydney give us access to thriving, cosmopolitan commercial centres, and the ideas they spawn. Our workforce is a healthy mix of recent graduates with ideas on new technologies and concepts, alongside experienced and seasoned professionals at the top of their game and ready to be challenged.
This diversity creates a unique balance and drive for our company's growth. At OTA insight, you’re part of a family that’s global in its geography and makeup, but local in its thinking and activation.
We don’t believe in a perfect candidate because we believe in our core value, “Develop & Empower people & the team”. If you believe this is a role that you will be excited to work in every day, want to be a part of a culture like ours, and will be relentless about pushing boundaries to succeed, please apply.
At OTA Insight, we champion diversity, equity, and inclusion to cultivate our #bestteamever. As such, we do not take a “cookie-cutter” approach to hiring the best talent and invite all candidates interested in joining our team to apply. Have you discovered one of our roles, but do not meet all the listed qualifications? No worries! Please apply and our talent acquisition team will be happy to review your application to try and find the best fit for you!