Senior Data Scientist
At OTA Insight, we’re helping the hospitality industry with our BI solution to visualise and leverage its data in the most simple way so that they can make better revenue, distribution and marketing decisions.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We raised a series B funding and have welcomed two companies to our organisation. With 400+ people, representing 36 nationalities living in 30 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionising the hotel sector? 🚀
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who is passionate about exploring, visualising and correlating vast datasets, and wants to see their work translated into real life applications that impact 100.000’s of hotels worldwide.
In this role you will:
- Develop statistical models that forecast demand for thousands of hotels every day;
- Build price recommendations using large-scale hospitality data that are explainable and understandable for our users;
- Research and productionalize models to automate and enhance manual processes for our users;
- Develop a deep understanding of OTA Insight’s data assets and how they can be used to enhance our products, their usage and customers retention;
- Translate loosely defined problems into actionable recommendations and execute them;
- Clearly and concisely communicate insights from your research to facilitate collaboration with other teams and stakeholders;
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Analytics and to implement and operationalise new solutions;
- Have a strategic role in the delivery of Data Science projects from ideation to product implementation.
About the team
The OTA Insight Data Science team is an R&D team within our wider engineering team. Its mission is to fuel our future product growth by researching and correlating our various data sources. The team works in close collaboration with our Product team, as well as a highly talented group of software engineers, devops engineers, and project managers to drive initiatives forward. We have offices in Ghent and Brussels, and as an engineer, you'll find most of your peers there (unless they're working from home or remote).
Today we process billions of data points and +100TB of data on a daily basis, containing hotels' pricing information, search data, hotel bookings, etc. All of that using modern technologies. Being a growth company enables us to regularly attract new and interesting datasets, which can unlock new product directions.
Benefits of working at OTA Insight
The opportunity to shape the products that more than 75.000 users rely on world-wide;
The chance to grow and evolve the data culture at a fast-growing scale-up;
A flexible working environment where you can work from home or at one of our offices;
Two annual Detox Days, on top of your personal holidays, when we take some time away from our computers with the entire company;
A choose-your-own transportation budget should you choose to come to the office;
A highly competitive compensation package.
- +5 years experience in a similar Data Scientist role;
- High-energy professional with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude;
- Understanding of the steps required in cleaning and transforming datasets;
- Solid relational modelling (SQL) and programming skills (preferably in Python);
- Strong expertise in statistics;
- Able to derive and clearly communicate insights from a dataset, preferably using Jupyter/Pandas/Tableau;
- Strong analytical mindset and problem solving skills;
- Strong communicator that can describe complex topics in a simple way to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Fluent in English;
- EU Work Permit.
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams at high growth companies to solve problems, identify trends and opportunities, productionize recommendations;
- Experience solving problems with real-world data;
- Expertise in applying statistical and machine learning solutions to business problems;
- Good software engineering practices, e.g. use of version control.
At OTA Insight, we champion diversity, equity, and inclusion to cultivate our #bestteamever. As such, we do not take a “cookie-cutter” approach to hiring the best talent and invite all candidates interested in joining our team to apply. Have you discovered one of our roles, but do not meet all the listed qualifications? No worries! Please apply and our talent acquisition team will be happy to review your application to try and find the best fit for you!