Director, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
At Neumora, we are pushing the boundaries of science and technology to revolutionize the way patients with brain disease are treated. We are seeking extraordinary individuals to join our team as we grow and advance our pipeline.
Neumora was listed as #1 on BioSpace’s NextGen Bio “Class of 2023,” top life sciences startups to watch!
The Director, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting leads all aspects of SEC reporting, including data gathering, processing, drafting, and filing of multiple mandatory reports. This individual is integral to ensuring the integrity of the Company’s financial reporting processes and to managing the Company’s SOX internal control program over financial reporting. This is a hands-on position requiring extensive cross-team collaboration.
- Manages external SEC financial reporting and filing process, including drafting of financial statements, equity roll forward, EPS calculation, footnotes and MD&A, completing SEC and GAAP checklists, as well as maintaining and reviewing XBRL tagging
- Leads the preparation of 10-Q quarterly reports, 10-K annual reports, financial sections of earnings press releases, scripts and other materials, and other current reports as needed
- Coordinates with the Legal and IR departments and prepares SEC Forms 8-K, S-8, Section 16 filings, and Proxy Statements, including support documentation
- Develops/maintains a consistent and formal cross-reference (tie-out) process to accurately support all financial disclosures included in the SEC filings
- Supports accounting for stock-based compensation for compliance with ASC 718, including valuation and stock-based compensation expenses journal entries
- Works with various personnel and departments and external auditors to collect information and input into the above referenced reports; coordinates, reviews and collects comments on the various drafts; prepares support files for all disclosures; completes all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires
- Leads technical accounting research and documentation of new accounting guidance, policies and procedures, specifically as it relates to high interest areas like collaboration agreements, stock-based compensation, leases, and equity
- Monitors the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting rules being deliberated by the SEC, US GAAP, PCAOB, or other regulations
- Interacts and supports investor relations, external auditors, internal/external SEC counsel and legal advisors
- Coordinates, develops, and maintains internal control processes and documentation in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Serves as primary contact for internal (and external, if applicable) auditors as it relates to SOX testing
- Coordinates with cross-functional team to develop recommended financial guidance strategy for company
- BS in Accounting or Finance and at least 6-10 years public accounting experience (with publicly traded companies) and SEC reporting experience with strong US GAAP acumen and understanding of financial reporting (SEC, 10-K, 10-Q, proxies)
- CPA designation required
- Ability to research and interpret accounting guidance and draft accounting memos to support conclusions, with support from technical accounting consultants as needed
- Ability to work and interact effectively with all job levels within the organization with effective communication both verbally and in writing
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to efficiently address SEC related guidance with others as appropriate; able to proactively identify and resolve potential problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SEC reporting software, NetSuite ERP
Company benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k plan: Neumora matches 50% of an employee’s eligible contribution, up to the first 6% of salary (up to 3% employer contribution)
- New hire stock options
- Annual paid time off: 15 accrued vacation days, 10 sick days, 12 holidays plus a winter shut-down
- Leave of Absence: Paid family leave, paid short- and long-term disability
- Discretionary year-end bonus
- The salary range posted describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Actual salary may vary based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Base Salary Range: $220,500- $230,000
Neumora Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company founded to confront the global brain disease crisis by taking a fundamentally different approach to the way treatments for brain diseases are developed. Our therapeutic pipeline currently consists of multiple clinical and preclinical neuroscience programs that target novel mechanisms of action for a broad range of underserved neuropsychiatric disorders and neurodegenerative diseases. Our work is supported by an integrated suite of translational, clinical, and computational tools to generate insights that can enable precision medicine approaches. Neumora’s mission is to redefine neuroscience drug development by bringing forward the next generation of novel therapies that offer improved treatment outcomes and quality of life for patients suffering from brain diseases.
Neumora is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.