The Specialist will support multiple healthcare supply chain engagements centered around the utilization of the GHX Exchange. Specialists will support utilization initiatives working with providers, suppliers, and distributors to drive utilization of business transactions across the GHX Exchange. Specialists will interface directly with GHX customers, other GHX functions and potential trading partners to complete assigned tasks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute campaigns and direct contact (email, phone) to facilitate trading partner utilization
- Instruct customers on best practices related to utilization and use of the GHX Exchange
- Develop and facilitate training sessions to implement identified initiatives
- Lead client discussions and meetings to present analysis and facilitate client engagement in utilization initiatives
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate technical information to non-technical and executive audiences
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data, including directing customers to necessary client system data, to facilitate customer communication and utilization activities
- Perform ad hoc queries on multiple GHX solutions to identify data issues and initiate corrective action
- Develop data driven dashboards and reports to support utilization processes
- Collaborate with GHX Implementation, Customer Success Manager, Sales, Product Management and Marketing, Customer Support to address customer needs
- Accurately prepare support documentation, work plans, and other deliverables
- Exercise creativity and problem-solving skills to diagnose problems and find solutions tailored to customer organizations and the utilization program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Basic understanding of provider, supplier, distributor P2P and OTC operations and systems
- Ability to interface with provider, supplier, distributors and group purchasing organizations.
- 3-5 years of prior experience within the health care industry
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand objectives and be able to work independently
- Strong organization skills; ability to multi-task.
- Customer-focused orientation
- Adaptability and flexibility to support multiple projects simultaneously
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and good organization skills
- Knowledge of e-commerce concepts and basic MS office applications (email, Excel, Word)
Estimated Salary Range for this position: $57,000 - $71,200
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Colorado, with additional offices in Europe, Illinois, Florida, and Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.