Manager, Contract Operations
The Manager, Contract Operations leads and has responsibility of the deal management process including scoping, proposal, quoting, and contract drafting. This may include new customers, renewals, User Agreements, Statement of Work, Order Forms, and other contract-related documents. The primary goal is to ensure all proposals, quotes, and/or contracts are processed accurately and efficiently by setting and adhering to internal processes and approval matrices. This individual will partner cross functionally between the Sales and cross-functional departments, including Product Management, Legal, Implementation, Integration, Accounting, and Finance.
This individual will lead a team of 4-6 Contract Operations analysts and work the largest and most complex proposals, quotes, and/or deals. In addition, this individual will be responsible for developing process improvements in the CPQ and/or Contract Life-Cycle Management (CLM) process by employing automation and reducing manual processes while adhering to SLAs. The Manager, Contract Operations will also partner with Product Management, Legal, and Finance to review, revise, and incorporate new solutions and enhancements into standard quotes and/or contracts.
• Effectively lead and manage a team of 4-6 Contract Operations professionals, responsible for proposals, quoting, and/or contract drafting
• Oversee the management of proposal strategies, themes, and proposal management plan
• Operate as primary resource to process large and complex GHX deals, which may include scoping, quoting, level of effort, and/or contract drafting
• Develop and propose improvements to the current processes with the goal of increased digitization for scalability
• Track and maintain priorities in Salesforce.com and report out to the business
• Maintain high levels of quoting and contracting throughput and accuracy with regular monitoring and reporting of service levels
• Lead and oversee a team of analysts, including the selection, onboarding, and development of leads and seniors
• Collaborate with leadership in Product Management, Sales, Legal, and Finance to gather business and technical requirements to fulfill and complete the appropriate customer documents for large and complex deals
• Train new Sales leaders and reps on the quoting and/or contracting processes; train and develop Contract Operations associates
• Support Sales in scoping and quoting with deal configuration in Conga CPQ (Apttus) in adherence to company guidelines and/or drafting Agreements, Statement of Work, and Order Forms
• Lead a deal review process with executive leadership to ensure standard and nonstandard deals are validated and documented so that customer expectations, document creation, implementation, and delivery are consistent and accurate
• Answer questions related to Conga CPQ (Apttus) and contracting process from Sales as well as Contract Operations team members
• Participate in monthly deal debriefs to review gaps in process and assist with outlining potential improvements
• Play a leadership role in implementation and rollout of new technologies, such as Contract Life-Cycle Management (CLM) and/or CPQ software
• Document Contract Operations processes and best practices
• Customer orientation
• Commercial awareness
• Ability to be a team member as well as a leader
• Executive communication skills, writing in particular
• Experienced user of MS Office Suite, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
• Able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and leaders at all levels within GHX
• Ability to be self-directed with strong initiative
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or a combination of education and related experience
• Minimum 7 years of experience in contract management or related experience, including sales operations and commercial RFPs
• Experience using software workflow applications and Salesforce.com or another CRM
• Experience working with standard contract and legal documents, including but not limited to User Agreement, Master Services Agreements, Statement of Work, Order Forms, Business Associated Agreement, and Non-Disclosure Agreement
• 3 years of management experience
• 5 years supporting a commercial process
• CLM, Conga CPQ (Apttus) and Salesforce Revenue Cloud experience
• Software-based commercial solutions experience
• Familiarity with product and services pricing, accounting, and financial principles
• Experience working on a high-performing Deal Desk team in a SaaS technology environment
• Healthcare industry experience
• Experience working with complex pricing models
• Leads initiatives through to completion and successful outcomes
• Data analytical driven
The compensation range for the Manager, Contract Operations role is $109,700-$146,200.
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Colorado, with additional offices in Europe, Illinois, Florida, and Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.