Sr. Dev Ops Engineer (Software Engineer IV)
The Dev Ops Engineer IV is responsible for building, testing and maintaining infrastructure and tools to support software development and releases. The Dev Ops Engineer will report to the Manager of Enterprise Data Management and be responsible for AWS based custom code, developing expertise on SAS application platforms and when time allows help with the configuration, care and feeding, of those applications.
This person must be well-versed and comfortable working in all aspects of a multi-tiered architecture, demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, be self-motivated, highly detail oriented, able to context switch easily, and have a desire to guide other people on the team.
This person will work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet company initiatives with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Designs, develop and manage release processes.
- Ensure team members follow code-to-release practices.
- Implements all aspects of dev ops, to include database, SAS applications, ETL and API interfaces.
- As a member of the Agile delivery team, collaborates with the rest of the team and product daily
- Develops release documentation
- Issues deployment requests and works with QA.
- Coordinates with Software Change Management teams during the release process
- Collaborate with development team to perform code & design reviews as needed.
- Design and implements complex CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure
- Develops and maintains automated testing frameworks
- Designs and implements strategies for better delivery
- Manages and tracks security processes related to product delivery
- Introduces state of the art concepts for improving developer experience.
- Designs and implements monitoring and alerting solutions for complex sub systems or multiple small products.
- Tracks and improves developer experience.
- Secure Software Development
- Developing specifications and supporting documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimal travel may be required
- Bachelor’s in computer science, or related degree (Math, Engineering, Computers) required, or a combination of education and related experience
- 5-10+ years’ professional development experience.
- 3+ years’ professional experience with AWS.
- 3+ years’ experience with service-oriented development
- 5+ years experience with code repositories.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Expertise in SQL with ability to understand & write complex queries
- Experience working in an Agile scrum team environment
- Experience with AWS Cloud Hosted Web Applications
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and being able to work under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, not only to accomplish assigned development tasks with a minimum of prepared documentation, but also to identify areas for improvement, and ability to combine these improvements into the product
- Experience with REST APIs
- UI development experience
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Reporting tools
- Experience with Git Repository
- AWS experience, Certification preferred.
- Postgress SQL
- Postress DB tuning
- Experience defining and managing Dev Ops
Estimated Salary Range for this position: $105,000 - $141,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Colorado, with additional offices in Europe, Illinois, Florida, and Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.