Software Engineer IV
GHX is a health tech company with a focus on improving patient care and hospital efficiency by providing high quality data and analytics to our hospital customers. Our Value Analysis and Strategic Sourcing (VA&SS) solution is at the forefront of clinical decision making for medical devices. We create evidence-based software solutions and services that empower health systems across the US to provide high-value care for their patients.
We are looking for a pragmatic staff-level full-stack engineer who highly values collaboration to help us build a world class application stack. If you are passionate about architecture, coding, UI, DevOps, and deploying the best software you can, we'd love to talk to you!
As a Software Engineer IV at GHX, you will:
- Collaborate with your product manager, fellow developers, designers, and other cross-functional peers to deliver value to our users, including through new feature prototypes
- Decompose problems or business scenarios into solutions composed of multiple software components and services interacting with each other
- Lead technical projects, including writing design documents, coordinating dependencies, and acting as domain owner
- Actively participate in providing and receiving feedback through code reviews
- Develop and deploy impactful, elegant, technically advanced changes to our industry-leading solution
- Focus on code quality with meaningful test coverage and legibility for other engineers
- Contribute to our agile culture of continuous improvement
- Design software components in well scoped scenarios, with simplicity and maintenance as key considerations
- Integrate and use monitoring and alerting tools to resolve problems before they impact our users
- Actively mitigate risk of failed delivery and missed deadlines through transparent communication with colleagues and stakeholders throughout an agile lifecycle
- Identify and address technical debt and performance bottlenecks within our systems
- Share your expertise through in-house technical presentations and workshops
- Mentor junior developers to build up the whole team’s technical impact
You’ll be a great fit if you have relevant professional software engineering experience demonstrating some combination of:
- Python / Django, or similar experience
- Vue JS, or similar framework experience
- Postgres, or similar database experience
- Experience working in and communicating across cross-functional technical teams
- Experience applying software best practices, such as appropriate test coverage, continuous integration/continuous development (CI/CD), and technical documentation
- Bonus points if you have experience with, or active interest in, health tech
- 8+ years of professional work experience doing software development.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar is preferred.
- Experience doing full stack development.
Estimated Salary Range for this position: $105,000 - $141,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Colorado, with additional offices in Europe, Illinois, Florida, and Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Something looks off?