One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
As a Medical Assistant (internally known as a health coach) at one of our offices presently focused on our Senior Health member population (age 65+), you are an integral part of a primary care team that focuses on supporting a panel of patients with meeting their preventive, chronic, and acute care needs. The Health Coach’s primary responsibilities center around establishing trusting, supportive, and collaborative relationships with patients and their families. This role is comparable to a Medical Assistant role, with an emphasis on human centered and empathetic care.
You are an advocate for patients, with a mastery of human connection and a strong drive for service. You have a passion for removing barriers to care, resulting in a truly exceptional in-office patient experience. You bring strong communication skills and enjoy collaborating with an integrated primary care team to facilitate overall better healthcare outcomes for our patients.
What you'll likely work on:
- Capture relevant information about the patient’s health and healthcare experience while rooming patients, taking vitals, administering point-of-care testing, and performing standard age and condition-appropriate screening assessments
- Assist with the coordination of post-visit care by scheduling appointments with specialists, coordinating referrals, and sharing information to the patient’s internal and external care team
- Collaborate with providers to monitor the health of a panel of patients and determine if they are up to date on preventive measures
- Participate in the daily operations of a primary care practice, such as answering incoming phone calls, responding to emails, assisting with front desk inquiries, and ensuring the general upkeep of the clinical space
- Assist in providing patient education on chronic disease management and coach patients using an action-planning model based on motivational interviewing techniques
- Provide anticipatory preventive guidance to families with children by establishing healing relationships with members and families
These responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of job duties performed by personnel in this classification. Other job related duties may be assigned by management.
What you’ll need:
- At least 1 year of experience in a high touch customer service or patient facing role, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on collaborative, diverse and feedback-driven multi-disciplinary teams
- A proven track record of persisting through change, demonstrating a forward thinking perspective when under pressure, and consistently stepping up to take action on challenges
- Proficiency in computer technology such as typing, navigating the internet and using multiple software systems simultaneously
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
- Competitive salary: the standard hourly rate for this position is $23.00
One Medical is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices
Total compensation packages may be based on factors unique to particular candidates, such as skill sets, depth of experience, and work location. The total compensation package for this position may also include benefits. For more information, visit https://www.onemedical.com/careers/
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full time role (40 hrs/week Monday - Friday from 8am-5pm) based in Littleton, CO at one of our offices presently focused on our Senior Health member population (age 65+).
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.