Primary Care Physician
One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
About Dartmouth Health Connect
Dartmouth Health Connect, an affiliate of One Medical, is an adult primary care practice for Dartmouth College employees and their dependents. We are an innovative practice that incorporates new models of patient care, staffing, payment and technology. Dartmouth Health Connect patients enjoy the benefits of improved access to care, enhanced by non-office based encounters (e.g. video, phone and email), an accessible and transparent medical record, and robust educational offerings. At the heart of our staffing model is a team of health coaches, who (in collaboration with physicians) help patients coordinate services, unlock personal motivation, and make healthy lifestyle changes. This care model and philosophy of care delivery has shown to dramatically improve the patient experience as well as the quality of clinical outcomes.
Dartmouth Health Connect was founded by Iora Health, which joined with One Medical in 2021 and together, we are challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. We are looking for a full time physician to help lead our practice and deliver exceptional care to our patients. This person will be an integral member of the Dartmouth Health Connect/One Medical team and will play a critical role in care delivery and will work closely with the Medical Director on ongoing design and leadership of the practice.
- Full time
What you'll be working on:
- Managing a patient panel with a broad array of patient needs; conducting a mix of acute, chronic, and well visits
- Treating patients in-office or in testing centers as well as conducting occasional tele-health visits
- Ongoing collaboration with in-office teammates via daily huddles, as well as with virtual clinical teams
- Utilization of your specific clinical training and opportunities to perform in-office procedures
- Supervising one or more NP or PA colleagues
Education, licenses, and experiences required for this role:
- Enrolled in, or have completed, an accredited Internal or Family Medicine residency program
- Practiced at least 2 of the last 5 years in an outpatient primary care setting
- Board Certified in Internal or Family Medicine, or Board Eligible with plans to obtain board certification within 1 year of your One Medical start date
- State licensed in New Hampshire, obtained before your One Medical start date
One Medical providers also demonstrate:
- A passion for human-centered primary care
- The ability to successfully communicate with and provide care to individuals of all backgrounds
- The ability to effectively use technology to deliver high quality care
- Clinical proficiency in evidence-based primary care
- The desire to be an integral part of a team dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
- An openness to feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to confidently navigate uncertain situations with both patients and colleagues
- Readiness to adapt personal and interpersonal behavior to meet the needs of our patients
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
Supporting your medical career
- Malpractice Insurance - Malpractice fees to insure your practice at One Medical is covered 100%
- UpToDate Subscription - An evidence-based clinical research tool
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - Receive an annual stipend for continuing medical education
This is a full-time role based in Hanover, New Hampshire.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.