Registered Nurse: Senior Health
One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
At One Medical Seniors we are transforming health care, starting with primary care. We created a high-impact relationship based care model that particularly benefits adults on Medicare and those who might need more attention. Our care model changes everything - the team, outcome-focused payment, customer service, and the technology that supports our care.
We know that when you invest in relationships with people, you can help them live happier and healthier lives. Our patients get a team that respects and listens to them. We get paid to keep our patients healthier, and it works - we are successfully improving the lives of our patients while lowering costs.
The Team Nurse (RN) is a key member of the clinical team in each Senior Health clinic and partners with the other members of the clinical team (physicians, health coaches, Behavioral Health Specialists) to provide accessible, comprehensive, coordinated care based on longitudinal healing relationships. As the Registered Nurse, you’ll report to the Office Manager. The Nurse’s primary responsibilities center around the delivery of clinical nursing care, patient education, and achieving continuous excellence in a primary care setting. Our clinics provide broad, comprehensive primary care and the Nurse has a key role in ensuring we are successful in this endeavor.
What you'll likely work on:
- Provide direct patient assessment and care for adults 65 and older
- Phone and walk-in triage for patients
- Oversight of anti-coagulation clinic activities and patient monitoring
- Transitions of care coordinator (post-discharge visits, discharge calls, etc.)
- Participate in the clinical development of Health Coaches
- Participate in process and quality improvement initiatives
- Perform IV initiation, drug therapy management, and phlebotomy (as needed)
- Administer IM/SQ/and PO medications and vaccines
- Provide treatments and assist providers with procedures
- Perform diagnostic tests (including but not limited to: EKG, ABI, Spirometry)
- Oversight of in-house laboratory processing
- Perform point of care testing (Hemoglobin A1c, INR, etc)
- Provide patient teaching, education and support
- Participate as an active care team member across multiple disciplines
- Wound care
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Active RN license in Colorado
- 2+ years of nursing experience
- A willingness to learn
- Passionate about the One Medical mission to transform healthcare
- Professional integrity
- Critical thinking and judgment in the provision of clinical care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Compassionate, kind, and open-minded in patient care
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
- Continuous Education Support throughout your career
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a salaried, full-time in-clinic role based in Aurora, CO.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.