London, UK · Cambridge, UK · Oxford, UK
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Location: Oxford or Cambridge ~ with a blend of 20-40% in office, with the rest flexible to remote working.
We're a pioneering health tech company that aims to revolutionise the future of healthcare.. We're all about enhancing the patient journey, particularly for those common diseases that affect most people and take up most of our precious healthcare resources.
Our secret weapon? Genomics! We use it to power our tools and systems, improving every step of the patient pathway. From preventing diseases to screening, diagnosing, treating, and even developing new medicines - we've got it covered.
But we're not stopping there. Our vision is a world where everyone benefits from our genomic technology, helping folks and entire populations to live longer, healthier lives. So, if that all sounds exciting, come join us!
A Day in the Life
We tackle scientific challenges to harness genetic data for better human health. Working with a team of leading Scientists, you'll collaborate closely, employing innovative approaches to solve key questions and communicate findings. For instance, you might craft cutting-edge polygenic risk scores for clinical trial optimisation or discover novel therapeutic targets using advanced statistical methods. Success here means leveraging strong statistical genetics skills to analyse complex genomics data and effectively share insights
To be successful in this role, you will bring a strong foundation in statistical human genetics that you can apply in innovative ways, thrive on analysing genomics data using leading statistical approaches and take pride in sharing your findings with others to make meaningful insights into complex problems
Who You Are
- Experience in performing foundational genetic association analyses (e.g., GWAS; PRS)
- Competency in statistical programming (e.g., R, Python) sufficient to enable large-scale genomic data analysis
- Experience utilizing a broad array of additional statistical genetic approaches (e.g., colocalization; fine-mapping; Mendelian Randomization) to drive insights
- Experience with methods development within statistical genetics
- Effective communicator (both spoken and written), who is able to disseminate findings with stakeholders
So what's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation: Our salaries are externally benchmarked annually to ensure you receive compensation that aligns with the market. In addition, this role comes with an equity offering.
- Generous Holiday Allowance: 25 days of annual leave, an additional 3-day company shutdown at the end of the year, plus bank holidays. More time for you to unwind and enjoy.
- Invest in Your Future: Take advantage of our training and development opportunities, from regular training courses to access to a wide range of L&D materials. We're committed to helping you grow and succeed!
- Wellbeing: Join a company that values you at work and outside work. We offer a range of benefits, including a pension that increases every year that you work here, comprehensive health insurance for you and your family, critical illness coverage, and life insurance. We also offer enhanced paid family leave.
- An inclusive workplace: Genomics wholeheartedly embraces and champions Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) initiatives. We foster an inclusive environment through various means, such as our 'All in Club,' a platform where we come together to celebrate, engage in meaningful discussions, and create awareness. Additionally, we offer our 'Bank Your Bank Holiday' program, allowing you to exchange public holidays for dates that hold personal or cultural significance to you. It's our way of ensuring that every member of our community feels valued and included.
- Charity giving: Make a difference with our payroll giving scheme. Donate to your favourite charities tax-free and help make the world a better place!
- Green Commute: Join our cycle-to-work scheme and enjoy a healthier, eco-friendly commute. We are also conveniently located by major transport hubs so public transport is a snip. It's good for you and the planet!
Would you like to learn more? Great, we’d love to chat. Please reach out for more information and to see if this opportunity is right for you!
Genomics plc is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Genomics plc politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.