US Medical Director
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Genomics Inc is a pioneering global health-tech company established in 2014. We have developed a world leading team of scientists to drive our understanding of the genetic determinants of many common, chronic diseases. The company is now expanding and pivoting toward utilising this scientific expertise to improve human health by supporting individuals (and their healthcare providers) to better understand their risk of developing a range of diseases, and how to take actions to mitigate this. We also use this expertise to support life sciences companies develop new drugs.
It’s an exciting time at Genomics:- we have recently launched our “Health Insights” product in the US via a major commercial partner. This product uses our technology to empower individuals to better understand their risk of developing a range of important diseases including cardiovascular disease and common cancers. A key goal for 2024 will be to develop and further engage a range of new customers for this product.
The US Medical Director Role
This is a senior leadership role within the company, and the first medical hire in the US, where we have an established commercial and lab operations team. The successful candidate will provide medical leadership and will be responsible for the development and execution of a US-focussed medical strategy to commercialise and further develop our products for a range of customers.
You will be an experienced leader with the ability to effectively communicate our vision to a broad range of US-based stakeholders. You will also have experience in developing cross-functional relationships with colleagues in the science, product, commercial & regulatory teams.
You will have a deep understanding of how to develop and disseminate evidence of clinical utility for products in the precision health/precision medicine space and have an extensive network in the US healthcare system. Experience working in the prevention, cancer screening, or genetic medicine spaces would be a real benefit. Evidence of translation impact is a must for this position.
You will also understand and be able to effectively communicate the benefits of prevention/early detection of common chronic diseases. The successful appointee will have the opportunity to work with a major US based integrated delivery network to generate evidence for clinical utility of our products in US healthcare systems. You will also have a broad understanding of how precision medicine can drive value for payers, and understand how clinical evidence can drive economic evaluation of novel products. You will also understand the importance of diversity/equity in healthcare and be able to communicate this effectively. You must have patient-centric thinking.
What you will need
- Medical qualification with experience in common diseases/prevention
- At least 10 years working in medical affairs, clinical academia, industry
- Evidence of an established network in the US and having worked with payors & providers & insurers.
- Evidence of scientific presentations/publications in medical journals
- Experience at the intersection of commercial, scientific and medical decision making
- Experience in line management
Non-essential experience that would be useful
- Board certification in oncology or cardiometabolic/internal medicine
- Experience working in the screening/prevention space
- Understanding of the use of algorithms/AI/genetics in medicine
- Clinical governance and leadership for the Health Insights product:- including working with colleagues in quality, lab operations and product to support customers, physician partners and patients/end-users
- Clinical leadership:- for evidence generation activities in the US. This includes clinical input to our Health Insights research platform and working with key clinical partners to generate evidence for our tools
- Commercial support:- for our US based commercial team to engage a range of potential customers. This includes preparing presentation materials and engaging with senior medical leadership in a range of potential partners
- Medical Engagement:- establish a network of medical advisors/KOLs to help refine our narrative and go to market strategy in the US
- Product Development:- use your combined medical/scientific background to guide product development, guided by principles of patient safety and equity
So what's in it for you?
- Salaries: Our salaries are externally benchmarked annually to ensure you receive compensation that aligns with the market.
- Stock options- every team member gets equity ensuring that everyone reaps the rewards of our collective growth.
- Generous Holiday Allowance: 25 days of annual leave, an additional 3-day company shutdown at the end of the year, plus statutory US holidays. More time for you to unwind and enjoy.
- Progression - We've got a straightforward and open progression framework that lets you easily see your strengths and areas where you can improve. With this knowledge, you can set personal goals to help you move up the career ladder.
- Invest in Your Future: Take advantage of our training and development opportunities. From regular training courses, to access to a wide range of L&D materials. We're committed to helping you grow and succeed!
- Remote Working: You can be based anywhere in the US, although the ability to work East Coast hours would be preferable.
- Wellbeing: We've got you covered: Enjoy 401k, medical insurance, a Health Savings Account, dental and vision plans, life/AD&D insurance, and disability coverage. Your well-being matters to us.
- Diversity and Inclusion - At Genomics, we wholeheartedly embrace and champion Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) initiatives. We foster an inclusive environment through various means, such as our 'All in Club,' a platform where we come together to celebrate and engage in meaningful discussions about cultural diversity. Additionally, we offer our 'Bank Your Bank Holiday' program, allowing you to exchange public holidays for dates that hold personal or cultural significance to you. It's our way of ensuring that every member of our community feels valued and included.
Would you like to learn more? Great, we’d love to chat. Please reach out for more information and to see if this opportunity is right for you!
Genomics Inc is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Genomics Inc politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.