Health Guide - Spanish Required
Be a part of the team building the future of healthcare!
At Firefly Health, we believe that the current healthcare system is broken. That’s why we are building a revolutionary new type of comprehensive health "care and coverage" solution, powered by a relationship-driven care team, a trusted virtual and in-person clinical network, and our proprietary technology platform.
Founded by experienced clinicians and technology leaders, Firefly Health is on a mission to deliver half-priced health care that's twice as good, clinically and emotionally. We are flipping the script on what it means to be a health plan and actually providing a true health benefit to members.
We are intensely focused on optimizing the physical + mental + financial wellbeing of those who want (and deserve) something better than the status quo. If you are ready to roll up your sleeves and take on our audacious mission, then we would love to hear from you.
The bilingual Firefly Health Guide is an essential member of our care team. You will actively support our members’ health and wellness goals. You will work closely with our team of physicians and nurse practitioners to develop patient-centered plans to achieve healthier outcomes. You will work largely within Firefly’s in-house technology platform to communicate regularly with patients, keep them on track to meet their goals, understand their needs, and solve problems that arise.
- Cultivate close relationships with patients through virtual visits and in-app messaging
- Support patients to achieve their health goals around wellness, prevention, mental health, and managing chronic illness
- Utilize motivational interviewing and goal setting to completing clinician created care plans
- Work closely with the clinical and member operations teams around patient care
- Collaborate with the marketing team to provide educational content related to the knowledge a health guide delivers
You’d be a good fit if you:
- Adore our mission: providing great healthcare to people
- Fluent in conversational Spanish & familiarity with medical Spanish (required)
- Are interested in promoting healthy behaviors such as eating well, activity, mental health care
- Love learning and unstructured problem-solving in a fast-paced environment
- Have exquisite interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Are detail-oriented and thrive working in a team
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Are comfortable caring for people from a variety of socioeconomic, age, racial backgrounds
- Approach challenges with humility and resilience
It’d be nice if you have:
- Experience solving problems and being a part of teams
- Certificate in Health Coaching, Nutrition, Certified Diabetes Education, etc
- A background in health care or wellness related industry such as nutrition, psychology, social work, health coach, exercise physiology or health education
- Flexibility to work alternative shifts and days
- Experience in motivational interviewing
We are always looking for valuable talent to add to our growing team. Even if you’re not sure this role is the one for you, don’t let that stop you. We’d love to have a conversation to see where you could fit.
Our office is located in Watertown, Massachusetts but we’ve developed a robust remote working structure to give us more flexibility geographically while hiring for many positions.
Firefly is an equal opportunity employer. We value diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We're committed to building and sustaining an inclusive workplace culture where individuals are treated with dignity and respect. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.