Director of Physician Referrals
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Full-time Direct Hire
$135,000 - $150,000 starting base salary range
Expressable is a virtual speech therapy practice on a mission to transform care delivery and expand access to high-quality services, serving thousands of clients since our inception in late 2019. We are passionate advocates of parent-focused intervention. Our e-learning platform contains thousands of home-based learning modules authored by our clinical team, helping SLPs empower caregivers to integrate speech therapy techniques into their child’s daily life and improve outcomes. Our mission is to set a new standard in speech therapy by making every caregiver a champion of their loved one’s success. We envision a world where everyone can fulfill their communication potential.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Physician Referrals with demonstrable experience developing and executing strategic plans, managing a growing team of remote and in-field sales professionals, and meeting or exceeding sales quotas to join our expanding team. You will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and be responsible for acquiring physician referrals and driving growth through effective business planning, relationship development, and provider education. Some travel is expected with this position, less than 10% of work time.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
What you would be doing at Expressable
- Oversee all national sales activity to generate and grow referral sources from primary and speciality physicians, medical staff, administrators, and other partners
- Develop a strategic and effective physician outreach and engagement program that promotes our differentiated clinical care model and generates referrals
- Build, develop, and lead a high-functioning team of inside and outside sales professionals
- Develop and execute monthly, quarterly, and annual business plans within assigned geographies to meet target sales objectives
- Partner with internal clinical team to promote care coordination and physician engagement for all onboarded clients
- Collaborate with marketing and clinical teams to understand physician needs and effectively promote our value propositions.
- *Develop a motivating commission structure in partnership with the finance team that aligns incentives across sales reps and business objectives
- Lead strategic business development opportunities with larger provider groups, health systems, home health, and other large or national referral partners
- Prepare and deliver relevant reports to leadership team
What you bring to Expressable
- At least 5 years experience managing or directing provider relations and/or sales and marketing
- At least 5 years managing a team of direct reports
- Ability to collaborate with an all-remote geographically-distributed team
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Salesforce, Zoom/Zoom Phone, Airtable, and demonstrated ability to independently master new technologies.
- Competency with CRM software.
Key competencies for success in this role
- Oral and Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Relationship Building - Builds both formal and informal professional relationships. Maintains and fosters relationships within, across, and external to organizational boundaries. Obtains and shares information, ideas, and problems. Solicits advice, support, championship, sponsorship, and commitment that result in smooth transitions of change and the development of mutually acceptable solutions.
- People Management - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement. Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities. Makes self available to staff. Provides regular performance feedback. Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth. Fosters quality focus in others. data Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Planning/Organization - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives. Adept at organization or scheduling other people and their tasks. Develops realistic action plans.
- Negotiation - Demonstrates ability to influence others when appropriate. Maintains an awareness of goals and objectives and navigates solutions towards desired ends, while maintaining relationships and supporting consensus. Uses all available information appropriately to guide decisions and negotiations to meet objectives, while acting with integrity.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions. Displays orientation to profitability. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Aligns work with strategic goals.
Benefits at Expressable
- Exceptional paid time off policies that encourage and support life balance
- 401k matching to ensure our staff have what they need to enjoy their retirement
- Health insurance options that ensure well being for the whole person and their family
- Hardware provided for home office setup
- Remote work environment that strives for connectivity through professional collaboration and personal connections
Expressable values people. From the technology we develop, the services we provide, and the culture we maintain, Expressable cares about the experience of our employees, clients, and prospects. We intentionally create and sustain supportive environments in which everyone - clients, caregivers, speech-language pathologists, and team members - can achieve their highest potential.
We believe that building trusting and collaborative relationships is paramount to delivering quality care so we operate with the highest levels of honesty, transparency, and accountability as individuals and a collaborative team. We believe that transforming therapy happens through the steady and iterative problem solving of an interdisciplinary team.
Expressable is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate and embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a broad tapestry of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Expressable is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Expressable will take the steps to ensure people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
Expressable participates in E-Verify