Speech-Language Pathologist (WFH/Remote)-North Carolina
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Expressable is a virtual speech therapy practice committed to expanding access to critical services for the 40M people in the United States with a communication disorder. In response to a strong body of research proving that parent interventions are the most effective way to improve pediatric outcomes, Expressable has pioneered a technology-enabled care model focused on helping parents integrate speech therapy techniques into their child’s daily lives.
Will you join us?
We are committed to offering speech-language pathologists an unmatched working experience. If you have a flexible, growth-oriented mindset, are committed to clinical excellence, and truly want to improve access to speech therapy, join Expressable’s exciting community of industry-leading professionals today!
Our Current Needs:
-SLPs licensed in North Carolina (other state licenses preferred, not required)
-Minimum 25 total hours/week (benefits such as health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k offered at 25 hours!
-Monday-Friday, afternoon and evening time preferred
A Day in the Life of an Expressable SLP
- Conduct and provide speech therapy sessions and evaluations with a variety of populations that align with a therapist’s clinical competencies.
- Diagnose, treat and develop care plans for clients, with the support of Expressable tools and resources, with a focus on client outcomes/retention through graduation, client/caregiver buy-in, and education.
- Consistent focus on growth and development to broaden scope of practice using Expressable resources and support. Timely completion of Expressable training, learning, and development modules.
- Timely and appropriate completion of clinical responsibilities such as documentation, client communication, consultations, screenings, and calendar management.
- Potential participation in corporate stretch opportunities such as clinically-focused blog writing, social media, quality assurance initiatives, communication screenings, and more.
What We Look for in an Expressable SLP
- ASHA Certified/Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Full licensure in your state of residence, allowing independent clinical practice. Expressable SLPs only work with clients in the state(s) where they are licensed and are allowed to practice independently.
- Minimum of 1 year of Post-Clinical Fellowship experience; experience in pediatric and/or school-based settings as well as experience in conducting pediatric assessments
- Expressable SLPs are expected to support the following areas of Clinical Competency: Pediatric Articulation/Phonology, Pediatric Mixed Language, Early Language, Pediatric Fluency, Pediatric Pragmatics, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Adult Articulation, Adult Fluency, Adult Language, Adult Pragmatics, Dysarthria, Aphasia, TBI, Executive Functioning, Acquired Apraxia, Public/Professional Speaking
- Individual NPI number
- Reliable internet connection
Strongly Preferred Qualities
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with computer technology
- Full licensure in additional US states
- Fluent in Spanish
- Previous teletherapy experience
What Makes Expressable a Great Place to Work as an SLP
- Competitive total compensation packages (W2 employment)
- Flexibility and competitive bonus opportunity for availability in high-demand hours
- Use custom-built technology (by Expressable, for Expressable!) that streamlines administrative burdens that allow you to focus on what matters most: therapy!
- Join an active and supportive community of therapists and grow your practice and skillset through clinically-focused monthly grand rounds, clinical Subject Matter Expert Groups, company-paid licensing and credentialing service, corporate stretch opportunities
- Exceptional paid time off policies that encourage and support life balance
- 401k matching to ensure our staff have what they need to enjoy their retirement
- Health insurance options that ensure well-being for the whole person and their family
- Company Provided Hardware
- Employee-Led Culture Committees
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all person hired to work in the United States. Expressable participates in E-Verify.