SLP General Posting [Join our SLP Network!]
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2023
Expressable is a virtual speech therapy practice committed to expanding access to critical services for the 40M people in the United States with a communication disorder. In response to a strong body of research proving that parent interventions are the most effective way to improve pediatric outcomes, Expressable has pioneered a technology-enabled care model focused on helping parents integrate speech therapy techniques into their child’s daily lives.
Will you join us?
We are committed to offering speech-language pathologists an unmatched working experience. If you have a flexible, growth-oriented mindset, are committed to clinical excellence, and truly want to improve access to speech therapy, join Expressable’s exciting community of industry-leading professionals today!
***General SLP Posting***
As a high-growth virtual telehealth start-up, the opportunities for SLPs to join the team are highly variable and change quickly. In general, you can find the positions that we have currently available on our careers page here. However, we recognize that timing is everything (for us, and you!) so if you are not licensed in the states that we have open at the time of your interest in applying, or if you do not meet the availability requirements, we encourage you to apply to this general posting anyway! The application should take no longer than 10 minutes to submit, and our Clinical Talent Acquisition team is always searching our database of applications of previous applicants as new positions become available that may meet your licensure or availability needs.
Once you apply, if there is a fit for current positions or anticipated future positions our Clinical Talent Acquisition team will be sure to reach out as soon as possible. If what you are seeking does not align with our current needs or anticipated future needs, we will hold on to your application and reach out as soon as we have an opportunity available that matches what you are looking for!
Please read on in this posting to learn more about what it's like to work at Expressable as an SLP. Additionally, please feel free to check out our FAQs and Interview Guides for both our hourly part-time/full-time benefits-eligible SLP positions here and our PRN SLP positions here. In general, an hourly position may be a good fit for you if you are seeking consistent hours at least 16-17 direct hours/week. A PRN position may be a better fit if you are seeking a more flexible opportunity with a minimum of 7.5 hours of consistent availability to be scheduled with 30-minute sessions and 60-minute evaluations (if appointments are available).
In order to meet the needs of our clients we typically hire proactively in states where we see capacity needs based on factors such as client demand, insurance growth, early intervention growth, and how long we anticipate an SLP will take to become credentialed in health plans. Because of that, we are not able to hold positions open for candidates until licensure is obtained, and we typically offer start dates 30-60 days out from an offer being extended. That said, we are excited to share that some of our most frequently needed states are: CA, IL, NY, FL, TX, NC, VA, GA, MD, and OH. As we continue to grow, we'll be sure to update this list, too!
Please note that a competitive candidate at Expressable will typically hold 1 or more of our most in-demand state licenses, have availability in the afterschool hours or evenings, and have at least 1-year post-CF experience treating and evaluating pediatric populations including Early Intervention (ideally in pediatric private practice, clinic or outpatient settings either in-person or telehealth). The ability to treat and evaluate adult populations and the ability to treat bilingually in other languages is preferred but not always required depending upon the opportunity available.
Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions or inquiries! We are so looking forward to speaking with you!
A Day in the Life of an Expressable SLP
- Conduct and provide speech therapy sessions and evaluations with a variety of populations that align with a therapist’s clinical competencies.
- Diagnose, treat and develop care plans for clients, with the support of Expressable tools and resources, with a focus on client outcomes/retention through graduation, client/caregiver buy-in, and education.
- Consistent focus on growth and development to broaden scope of practice using Expressable resources and support. Timely completion of Expressable training, learning, and development modules.
- Timely and appropriate completion of clinical responsibilities such as documentation, client communication, consultations, screenings, and calendar management.
- Potential participation in corporate stretch opportunities such as clinically-focused blog writing, social media, quality assurance initiatives, communication screenings, and more.
What We Look for in an Expressable SLP
- ASHA Certified/Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Full licensure in your state of residence, allowing independent clinical practice. Expressable SLPs only work with clients in the state(s) where they are licensed and are allowed to practice independently.
- Minimum of 1 year of Post-Clinical Fellowship experience; experience in pediatric and/or school-based settings as well as experience in conducting pediatric assessments
- Expressable SLPs are expected to support the following areas of Clinical Competency: Pediatric Articulation/Phonology, Pediatric Mixed Language, Early Language, Pediatric Fluency, Pediatric Pragmatics, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Adult Articulation, Adult Fluency, Adult Language, Adult Pragmatics, Dysarthria, Aphasia, TBI, Executive Functioning, Acquired Apraxia, Public/Professional Speaking
- Individual NPI number
- Reliable internet connection
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all person hired to work in the United States. Expressable participates in E-Verify.