Head of Brand Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Equip is the leading virtual, evidence-based eating disorder treatment program on a mission to ensure that everyone with an eating disorder can access treatment that works. Created by clinical experts in the field and people with lived experience, Equip builds upon evidence-based treatments to empower individuals to reach lasting recovery. All Equip patients receive a dedicated care team, including a therapist, dietitian, physician, and peer and family mentor. The company operates in all 50 states and is partnered with most major health insurance plans. Learn more about our strong outcomes and treatment approach at www.equip.health
Founded in 2019, Equip has been a fully virtual company since its inception and is proud of the highly-engaged, passionate, and diverse Equisters that have created Equip’s culture. Recognized by Time as one of the most influential companies of 2023, along with awards from Linkedin and Lattice, we are grateful to Equipsters for building a sustainable treatment program that has served thousands of patients and families.
Equip’s Head of Brand Marketing will oversee the strategy and execution of all brand, creative, and communication marketing initiatives across audiences. This role will be responsible for continuing to develop and champion Equip’s brand from vision to execution. Scaling Equip’s brand narrative includes owning the core brand philosophy, overseeing creative and content strategy across owned, paid and organic channel initiatives, and partnering closely with internal collaborators on external story-telling. This role will oversee all brand marketing functions including creative, content, PR, alongside close collaboration with our Growth & B2B marketing teams. You will determine how we tell our story, mission, and the value we deliver across audiences. The ideal candidate will leverage brand and audience insights, marketing channel learnings, and executional know-how to build awareness and trust with our audiences at-scale – ultimately allowing more patients & families to come into Equip’s door to receive treatment that works.
- Build multi-year vision and strategic plan for scaling Equip’s brand awareness and positioning across audience types
- Oversee the content strategy across audiences and channel types, informed by audience insights, creative learnings, and channel initiatives focus
- Own strategy and implementation of brand marketing processes, playbooks, and go to market execution
- Partner closely with Growth Marketing & B2B Marketing on campaign build- outs across creative, messaging, and positioning based on audience insights
- Collaborate cross-functionally across audience-facing teams (ie Admissions, Patient Experience, etc) to optimize engagement at each touchpoint of the patient journey
- Own KPI reporting of all brand metrics & insights, driving learnings and insights across the full marketing funnel
- Own brand marketing budget allocation and tracking across creative, content and PR
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 10+ years of professional experience in a brand marketing role; healthcare and startup experience preferred
- Strong story-telling skills with high attention to detail
- Natural instinct and self-starter mentality
- A strong sense of ownership in your work and the company's health; ability to critically think through solutions to yield the highest quality impact
- A desire to work at a fast-growing health tech startup
Compensation and Benefits:
Equip offers competitive compensation and benefits programs as well as, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats to ensure community and connection. The Talent Acquisition team will provide candidates with our benefit guide and share compensation information beyond posted bands. Below we have highlighted a list of some of our most popular benefits.
Short and long term incentives, including yearly bonus potential
Remote work from home
Flexible PTO & Leave programs
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Wellness and reproductive care programs
401k retirement savings plan
Home office set-up stipend
Co-working monthly stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Equip, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, weight, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.