Director of Business Development
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 2, 2023
Equip is the leading virtual, evidence-based eating disorder treatment program on a mission to ensure that everyone with an eating disorder can access treatment that works. Created by clinical experts in the field and people with lived experience, Equip builds upon evidence-based treatments to empower individuals to reach lasting recovery. All Equip patients receive a dedicated care team, including a therapist, dietitian, physician, and peer and family mentor. The company operates in all 50 states and is partnered with most major health insurance plans. Learn more about our strong outcomes and treatment approach at www.equip.health
Founded in 2019, Equip has been a fully virtual company since its inception and is proud of the highly-engaged, passionate, and diverse Equisters that have created Equip’s culture. Recognized by Time as one of the most influential companies of 2023, along with awards from Linkedin and Lattice, we are grateful to Equipsters for building a sustainable treatment program that has served thousands of patients and families.
This individual will be responsible for increasing the number of patients who have access to Equip. This role will include strategy and execution of expanding our payer network and geographic scope, developing and deploying repeatable cross-functional processes for market launch, and leading the effort to make Equip treatment available in all 50 states. This individual will work closely with Equip leaders throughout the sales process and with our operations team in helping us to ensure value-based contracts are set up for success.
- Own end-to-end payer contracting process, working in close collaboration with Head of Enterprise, SVP of Growth, and Equip’s CEO
- Synthesize Equip value proposition, priorities and constraints to execute alternative payment contracts that support Equip’s clinical program and business model
- Explore additional enterprise growth opportunities, such as employer and benefits consultants
- Lead the effort to make our treatment available to patients through their insurance in all fifty states
- Work cross functionally to navigate the complex legal, regulatory, and compliance landscape, balancing speed and efficiency
- Don’t just get it done - do so strategically in a way that sets Equip up to scale efficiently and solve for gaps in the existing treatment landscape
- 5-7 years experience; ideally, you have experience with value based contracts and have spent time at a payer or provider organization in strategy, business development, strategic finance, network development, or customer success
- Analytically minded with an ability to run scenarios and model out business cases
- Highly collaborative with a deep sense of ownership and accountability; no job too big or too small mindset
- Ability to reimagine “how things have always been done” - and then communicate and the value proposition and build consensus amongst entrenched interests
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, problem solve, and work independently in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships with strategic executives at health plans
- Ability to articulate our mission, model, and outcomes to a diverse audience
Compensation and Benefits:
Equip offers competitive compensation and benefits programs as well as, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats to ensure community and connection. The Talent Acquisition team will provide candidates with our benefit guide and share compensation information beyond posted bands. Below we have highlighted a list of some of our most popular benefits.
Short and long term incentives, including yearly bonus potential
Remote work from home
Flexible PTO & Leave programs
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Wellness and reproductive care programs
401k retirement savings plan
Home office set-up stipend
Co-working monthly stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Equip, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, weight, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.