Sr Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2023
Equip is the leading virtual, evidence-based eating disorder treatment program on a mission to ensure that everyone with an eating disorder can access treatment that works. Created by clinical experts in the field and people with lived experience, Equip builds upon evidence-based treatments to empower individuals to reach lasting recovery. All Equip patients receive a dedicated care team, including a therapist, dietitian, physician, and peer and family mentor. The company operates in all 50 states and is partnered with most major health insurance plans. Learn more about our strong outcomes and treatment approach at www.equip.health
Founded in 2019, Equip has been a fully virtual company since its inception and is proud of the highly-engaged, passionate, and diverse Equisters that have created Equip’s culture. Recognized by Time as one of the most influential companies of 2023, along with awards from Linkedin and Lattice, we are grateful to Equipsters for building a sustainable treatment program that has served thousands of patients and families.
We are looking for a Sr QA Automation Engineer to help build our automation test suite through a period of rapid product and company growth. You’ll help us ship faster with confidence in the quality of Equip’s products helping to deliver sorely needed care to our rapidly growing base.
Using your expertise in continuous integration with automated testing including front-end, API, and end-to-end testing, you’ll help shorten our cycle time from concept to production deploy with confidence in the quality of our features and services. Working closely with product managers, you’ll help clarify requirements as you derive test cases that you’ll use to build our automated testing suit as well as perform UAT for our releases.
- Design and develop detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Create end-end, functional, integration (API and UI) tests for complex business requirements
- Participate in Test Design Review meetings for test plans with focus on functional, business, complex scenarios, high impact projects and usability
- Work with engineers to promote TDD (test driven development) and assist as needed
- Collaborate with globally distributed team
- Monitor product or feature-level quality health metrics like testability, test health, test
- coverage, etc.
- Work closely with developers, testers, PO, and UX to ensure their features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements
- Test the limits of software at both the project and application level, data pipeline, including integration with related applications
- Create and track to RTM (requirements traceability matrix)
- Analyze and communicate test results and defect tracking
- Innovate best automation, agile and continuous testing practices
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in software engineering, quality assurance / engineering in web and web services
- Proficiency in Java, Java Script, Selenium WebDriver or similar programming languages.
- Experience working on GIT, Jenkins and on any other CI/CD tools.
- Proven testing experience in Web Services/ API endpoints
- Working knowledge of JSON, XML, HTML and DHTML
- Working knowledge on Postman, SoapUI or JMeter
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- A broad grasp of software QA approaches: automated front-end (UI) testing for SaaS products, back-end testing, unit/integration/system testing, black/white-box testing, coverage analysis, penetration testing, performance testing, cross-platform testing, QA reporting
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with test management tools
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing and automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with health care applications
- Excellent communication skills with clear emphasis on collaboration
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working with AWS
Nice to Have Requirements:
- Good analytical skills, and exposure to Cloud and Web Applications
- Experience on HIPAA, HITRUST, or other high security environments
- Experience with Zephyr Scale, Zephyr Squad or similar Jira-integrated frameworks
- Release tracking, code promotion and experience in handling release activities.
- Bachelor's Degree (or its equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, Engineering or a relative field
Compensation and Benefits:
Equip offers competitive compensation and benefits programs as well as, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats to ensure community and connection. The Talent Acquisition team will provide candidates with our benefit guide and share compensation information beyond posted bands. Below we have highlighted a list of some of our most popular benefits.
Short and long term incentives, including yearly bonus potential
Remote work from home
Flexible PTO & Leave programs
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Wellness and reproductive care programs
401k retirement savings plan
Home office set-up stipend
Co-working monthly stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Equip, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, weight, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.