Peer Mentor, Mental Health (EST)
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Equip is the leading virtual, evidence-based eating disorder treatment program on a mission to ensure that everyone with an eating disorder can access treatment that works. Created by clinical experts in the field and people with lived experience, Equip builds upon evidence-based treatments to empower individuals to reach lasting recovery. All Equip patients receive a dedicated care team, including a therapist, dietitian, physician, and peer and family mentor. The company operates in all 50 states and is partnered with most major health insurance plans. Learn more about our strong outcomes and treatment approach at www.equip.health
Founded in 2019, Equip has been a fully virtual company since its inception and is proud of the highly-engaged, passionate, and diverse Equisters that have created Equip’s culture. Recognized by Time as one of the most influential companies of 2023, along with awards from Linkedin and Lattice, we are grateful to Equipsters for building a sustainable treatment program that has served thousands of patients and families.
About the role:
Peer Mentors are essential members of Equip's 5-person treatment team, working alongside a dietitian, medical provider, therapist and family mentor to help people recover from an eating disorder. Peer Mentors validate and support patients by meeting them where they are, teach and support patients in implementing valuable skills into their lives, and support patients in building a “life worth living” outside of an eating disorder.
Must be based in EST.
- Meet with patients for virtual sessions and check-ins.
- Direct patient care 26 hours a week
- Provide patients with support and motivation
- Share resources with patients; model and coach recovery skills
- Coach patients through snacks/meals
- Timely and frequent communication utilizing between-session messaging to motivate and support families and communicate with the treatment team
- Record notes on sessions
- Participate in Treatment Team meetings every week
- Participate in initial and ongoing trainings
- Options to attend/co-lead skills groups
- Attend supervision and department meetings
- Other related duties can be assigned based on need, applicant's career interests, and/or patient load
- Be available to work with patients often between 3-8pm in your time zone (outside of traditional school hours)
- Have first-hand lived experience with an eating disorder
- Identify as being in a solid space of recovery from an eating disorder
- Work 40 hours Monday - Friday with two nights available till 8 pm.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Have strong organizational and time management skills
- Be curious, enjoy learning, and are eager to implement growth-oriented feedback
- Have the ability to build collaborative relationships with strong interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working collaboratively on a team
- Applicant must be based in EST
Bonus if you have the following:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Have prior experience with peer coaching/mentoring
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Compensation and Benefits:
Equip offers competitive compensation and benefits programs as well as, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats to ensure community and connection. The Talent Acquisition team will provide candidates with our benefit guide and share compensation information beyond posted bands. Below we have highlighted a list of some of our most popular benefits.
Short and long term incentives, including yearly bonus potential
Remote work from home
Flexible PTO & Leave programs
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Wellness and reproductive care programs
401k retirement savings plan
Home office set-up stipend
Co-working monthly stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Equip, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, weight, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.