Sr Software Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Equip is the leading virtual, evidence-based eating disorder treatment program on a mission to ensure that everyone with an eating disorder can access treatment that works. Created by clinical experts in the field and people with lived experience, Equip builds upon evidence-based treatments to empower individuals to reach lasting recovery. All Equip patients receive a dedicated care team, including a therapist, dietitian, physician, and peer and family mentor. The company operates in all 50 states and is partnered with most major health insurance plans. Learn more about our strong outcomes and treatment approach at www.equip.health
Founded in 2019, Equip has been a fully virtual company since its inception and is proud of the highly-engaged, passionate, and diverse Equisters that have created Equip’s culture. Recognized by Time as one of the most influential companies of 2023, along with awards from Linkedin and Lattice, we are grateful to Equipsters for building a sustainable treatment program that has served thousands of patients and families.
Equip is looking for a full-stack Sr Software Engineer. The Sr Engineer will be responsible for building new health care web applications and supporting existing ones in the Cloud. The engineer will also be responsible for supporting releases, monitoring, triaging and fixing production issues, and timely execution of projects. As a Sr Engineer, you should be able to design new features, communicate clearly, work across multiple facets of the project, and help mentor less experienced developers. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytic capability coupled with a passion for creating elegant solutions and a deep appreciation of systems design. If this is you, and you are looking to grow your career at a young company with a fast-paced environment where you can make a significant impact in improving the health of our patients, this is your opportunity to come on board with us!
- Write clean, scalable software following industry best practices
- Become an expert in your domain area and be very familiar with the other domains
- Stay on the leading edge of development best practices
- Strong knowledge and experience in designing for and implementing solutions in the cloud (AWS).
- Mentor and inspire junior and mid-level engineers; lead by example
- Follow best practices, such as automated testing, thorough PR reviews, failing fast, etc.
- Develop documentation and proposals to explain existing and proposed architectures and designs
- Assist in planning, estimating, and scheduling development work
- Help plan technical execution by balancing feature delivery, tech debt reduction, and maintainable & performant design
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation
- Experience with the below technology stack highly preferred:
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, extensible and testable code
- Experience designing and implementing web or mobile applications with a microservice back end
- Experience in building highly scalable and performant distributed systems with high availability
- Designs, develops, and approves end-to-end functionality of a product line, platform, or infrastructure
- Experience communicating and coordinating with the engineering and product teams
- Experience working in and contributing to an Agile environment
- Understanding of common web protocols such as ReST, OAuth, etc.
- Bonus if you have the following:
- Understanding of practices and principles such as SOLID, TDD, etc.
- Experience working in healthcare or other regulated domains
- Experience working for a remote company with employees in many states
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
DB: PostGreSQL (or other relational databases)
Cloud: AWS services
Tools: Git, Github
Compensation and Benefits:
Equip offers competitive compensation and benefits programs as well as, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats to ensure community and connection. The Talent Acquisition team will provide candidates with our benefit guide and share compensation information beyond posted bands. Below we have highlighted a list of some of our most popular benefits.
Short and long term incentives, including yearly bonus potential
Remote work from home
Flexible PTO & Leave programs
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Wellness and reproductive care programs
401k retirement savings plan
Home office set-up stipend
Co-working monthly stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Equip, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, weight, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.