Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
We are searching for a highly motivated, experienced, and organized Billing Manager to help lead, improve, and scale the billing department at Equip. The ideal candidate will have extensive health care experience required specifically in the revenue cycle management function, billing, claims, utilization management, and payment practices.
- Communicate with the billing team and key stakeholders on changes in reimbursement and expectation of changes in insurance guidelines
- Establish payor performance communications to share in payor meetings; discerns when and how to escalate payer issues
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership on development of strong departmental objectives and key results; accountability for team performance specific to OKRs
- Track and report on key performance indicators regarding claims billing, reimbursement, and denials
- Guide billing team to maintain strict adherence to write-off policies, Sliding Fee Discount, and other accounts receivable policies
- Actively manage, develop, and monitor a highly engaged billing team
- Oversee all aspects of billing activity and initiate appropriate corrective measures as needed.
- Communicate performance data and associated actions plans to Senior LeadershipProvide subject matter expertise regarding billing processes, policies, and procedures to individuals at a cross-functional level
- Direct the process of identifying, developing, and communicating systems, policies and procedures related to A/R, billing, and collections
- Identify areas of revenue loss related to billing and claims management
- Create processes and procedures to ensure RCM function is ready to scale for exponential growth
- Oversee utilization, claims, remittance processing, and collection practices
- Create and analyze data on denial management, appeals, and payment posting
- Introduce best practices and optimize work processes to address payor, regulatory, financial, and operational changes as well as emerging industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; experience considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of experience in a management role in claims billing or revenue cycle
- Familiarity with third party reimbursement methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of third party payer reimbursement systems, rules and regulations relating to A/R
- Strong data analysis skills with Excel knowledge
- Strong communicator with a high level of confidentialityAbility and willingness to pivot to other potential tasks
- Enthusiastic, strong team player a must
- Experience with various billing systems (Athena, AMD, etc)
Bonus if you have the following:
- Telehealth billing experience, ideally across multiple states
- VBC or alternative payment model claims billing experience
- Tableau, PowerBI, and/or strong excel skills
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Competitive salaries and bonuses, remote work, generous paid time-off, paid holidays, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at Equip Health
Something looks off?