Marketing & Communications
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
We are seeking a Junior Content Writer to help establish Equip as the leading eating disorder treatment program through valuable, on-brand content across platforms and for different audiences.
In this role, you will work closely alongside the Senior Content Writer to contribute to the larger content strategy by crafting compelling copy, completing content-related research, project managing, and supporting content needs of cross-functional team members. This may include writing blog articles, social media posts, collateral, website copy,and/or internal documents as well as performing SEO-related tasks, liaising with freelance writers, and helping to manage the editorial calendar.
This person should be excited to tell powerful stories through words and able to adapt voice and tone to fit the Equip brand and the nuances of our different audiences. Demonstrated writing and editing skills are a must, as well as strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities at once. An interest in or passion for the field of eating disorders, mental health, and/or body image is a plus, but not necessary.
- Own creation of a large range of content including articles, emails, collateral, website copy, and moreIdentify and build out new content topics based on business needs, content performance, or SEO insights
- Continuously update blog to accurately capture key eating disorder themes and engage key audiences
- Craft cross-platform social media copy across various audiences and content topics
- Strategize and write SEO-focused articles and support ancillary tasks to improve SEO (article optimization, development of backlinks, etc)
- Support in seeing freelance articles through the lifecycle (assigning, editing, approval, publishing)
- Assist in managing editorial calendar and necessary collaboration with stakeholders involved in content creation
- Provide copy support as needed across teams for collateral, email, ghost-writing, PR pitches, and more
- 3-5 years writing experience Degree in English, writing, journalism, marketing or related field
- Ability to write in brand voice and adapt copy across different platforms and for different audiences
- Ability to pitch ideas as well as run with assignments
- Experience editing other writers
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience working with CMS platforms
- Experience managing cross-functional relationshipsPassion for/awareness of eating disorders, mental health, and body image
Competitive salaries and bonuses, remote work, generous paid time-off, paid holidays, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at Equip Health
Something looks off?